Peterhead vs Dumbarton

The previous games this season sort of sums up the way we have been,  at home we were 2 up cruising along then sat back & invited  Dumbarton to have a go which they gratefully accepted. The game at the rock we were well on top for the majority & again switched off & allowed Dumbarton to score & we left with nothing. We  really need to start picking up points asap or we could be heading for real trouble. With Rory gone we have not got the option of playing long balls up to him so need to find a different way of doing things.

Not much thought on this one really. The trip to Aberdeen last week means I won’t be there and expect the away support to be relatively low.

What’s obvious is that both teams badly need a win, the hosts more so than ourselves.

The loss of McAllister will be a big blow to Peterhead and a bit of a boost to ourselves but in the absence of our own attacking options I wouldn’t be surprised if this ended goalless.

The arrival of SW is a welcome boost for us and will strengthen an obvious weak spot so defensively we should be better than our last visit there.

I’d rip your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 here. Deflected McGeever header and a late penalty.

7 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:

Not much thought on this one really. The trip to Aberdeen last week means I won’t be there and expect the away support to be relatively low.

What’s obvious is that both teams badly need a win, the hosts more so than ourselves.

The loss of McAllister will be a big blow to Peterhead and a bit of a boost to ourselves but in the absence of our own attacking options I wouldn’t be surprised if this ended goalless.

The arrival of SW is a welcome boost for us and will strengthen an obvious weak spot so defensively we should be better than our last visit there.

I’d rip your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 here. Deflected McGeever header and a late penalty.

I dont know if the loss of McAllister will be as big a blow as first thought. Like yourself , fans of other clubs most likely saw him play 4 times a season .......if they do away games, twice if they dont ...........Peterhead fans saw him every second week and he has struggled with staying fit, leading to him starting games as a substitute. 

Personally I think the time was right for him to go. For himself ,and for Peterhead. 

Why is it that I can get better info about our players injuries through the Peterhead website than I can through our own media?

Apart from Layne being called a Top Goalkeeper.

"Dumbarton miss top-goalkeeper Isaac Layne due to a broken bone in a foot and Kyle Hutton is a doubt with a rib problem. Stuart Carswell is available after illness with Sam Wardrop added on loan from Dundee United"

Why is it that I can get better info about our players injuries through the Peterhead website than I can through our own media?

Apart from Layne being called a Top Goalkeeper.

"Dumbarton miss top-goalkeeper Isaac Layne due to a broken bone in a foot and Kyle Hutton is a doubt with a rib problem. Stuart Carswell is available after illness with Sam Wardrop added on loan from Dundee United"

Questions need asked,

Get your finger out your arse Jim and deal with this fucking squad.

If you start amateur standard jobbers like Tierney you deserve everything you get.

Did anyone really expect anything less than entering the last week of January and still needing at least 2 or 3 bodies? Duffy is a pain in the boobs.

1 minute ago, Blootoon87 said:

I'll take it, we deserved it on the second half. Can't remember the last time I saw an entertaining first half from us. Howler from Dumbarton's keeper though.

I really didn't want to read that, for all sorts of reasons, but I'll leave it there.

Anyway, judging by the BBC feed Peterhead deserved the win so well done to them.