What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies?

Dee Man

4 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I was at an all you can eat buffet before and there was a guy eating a big plate of mussels but he was using the old mussel shells as a pincer to get the next ones out and the noise of those scraping together still gives me shivers.

This is the correct way to eat mussels.

2 hours ago, Futureboy said:

Which platform? I've heard that same story repeated on just about every platform I have been on during the past twenty years. Strangely I've never heard it said on a drilling rig which are less suitable for the feint hearted!

Fulmar was like that, you got off the Chopper, through the hanger then onto the Kennedy grating with a view all the way down.

It doesn't happen so much on Drilling rigs because they are a different breed of Tiger.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Fulmar was like that, you got off the Chopper, through the hanger then onto the Kennedy grating with a view all the way down.

It doesn't happen so much on Drilling rigs because they are a different breed of Tiger.

Fulmar....jeez, that's a flashback. What a coup!

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm another who is fine if i know I have something solid below me, but f**k being on high wires or glass floors miles up.

The Blackpool Tower has got one of those glass panels at the top, it's a piece of piss. I'm hard as nails though. 

I'd like to try a glass floor to overcome my fear of heights, but it would probably tip me over the edge, so to speak. Does anyone remember the footbridge that linked the old St James' centre to the omni centre car park?? I used to hate walking across that fucking thing.

On 23/01/2020 at 20:53, Fullerene said:

The CN Tower seems to have lots to do.

CN Tower Glass Floor.jpg

This is the worst thing I've ever seen. Actually watched that video with my hand over my mouth.

I was in Singapore recently and was doing a tree-top walk thing with my mate.

I was absolutely fine because the trees were right next to the walkway and you couldn't really see how high up you were.

Then, after a good ten minutes or so, I looked down and saw through the grating beneath me.

Horrific.

Had to just keep my head up and look straight ahead to get to the end of it.

I also hate the sound of tea being poured from a teapot into a cup.

28 minutes ago, philpy said:

I'd like to try a glass floor to overcome my fear of heights, but it would probably tip me over the edge, so to speak. Does anyone remember the footbridge that linked the old St James' centre to the omni centre car park?? I used to hate walking across that fucking thing.

Get yourself 90 stories up the John Hancock building in Chicago where the windows tilt outwards, that'll sort you out. Don't be like the shitebag in the middle...

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Get yourself 90 stories up the John Hancock building in Chicago where the windows tilt outwards, that'll sort you out. Don't be like the shitebag in the middle...

:lol:

What a shitebag. The worst part is he just stays there, why not just let go and walk away? 

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The 2 women at the end spend the whole time chatting not looking at the great view. When I went up the CN tower I could walk on the glass floor. I didn't even like the bit that had glass floor to ceiling.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

:lol:

What a shitebag. The worst part is he just stays there, why not just let go and walk away? 

Hopefully he was unaware he was getting filmed and went home and told his mates it was a piece of piss until he got confronted with the footage.