What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies?

Dee Man

Surprised birds haven't been mentioned yet - I've known a number of folk who'd turn into a shivering wreck at the idea of a bird flapping its wings, or looking at them, or both. Genuine terror.

Also, I've heard that some folk are absolutely revolted by the idea that vaginas exist. Have any P&Bers, etc.

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Surprised birds haven't been mentioned yet - I've known a number of folk who'd turn into a shivering wreck at the idea of a bird flapping its wings, or looking at them, or both. Genuine terror.

Also, I've heard that some folk are absolutely revolted by the idea that vaginas exist. Have any P&Bers, etc.

One of my friends is a gay guy who is absolutely repulsed at the thought of lady parts. Personally I think it's just a ruse to try to get female friends to flash him or get him to touch their fanjitas. I might try it myself. 

7 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Baked beans or more particulary bean sauce if it touches other food.

Have to ask for it in a bowl much to the hilarity of the hoors I know.

Young guy that used to work in my place would order steak pie and chips but it had to be on different plates as his food couldn't touch. 

He also takes his own Heinz tomato ketchup to restuarants as he 'doesn't like' theirs. 

27 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

The CN Tower seems to have lots to do.

CN Tower Glass Floor.jpg

Saw a guy offshore once who had done the training, got on the chopper etc fine, but absolutely shat it as soon as he went out on the platform walkways / stairs that are largely steel mesh with a view straight down to the sea.  Refused to leave the accommodation block and that was promptly the end of his offshore career.  More cake for me though. 

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

The sound of people eating crisps, gives me the fear. Another one is stepping on slugs/snails, nothing worse especially with a socked foot

Don't do it then you murderous b*****d. 

The sound of people eating crisps, gives me the fear. Another one is stepping on slugs/snails, nothing worse especially with a socked foot
Surely it's worse with a bare foot?

My mate went into his kitchen one night and slipped on a slug that had found its way inside and landed on his arse. I'm not sure if my foot would ever feel clean again after something like that.

4 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Surely it's worse with a bare foot?

My mate went into his kitchen one night and slipped on a slug that had found its way inside and landed on his arse. I'm not sure if my foot would ever feel clean again after something like that.

I've never experienced it barefoot, would probably be the final straw tbh

I'll see that, and raise you getting up in the middle of the pitch black night and treading on a large, well-formed Husky turd.

I can still feel it oozing up between my toes.

Saw a guy offshore once who had done the training, got on the chopper etc fine, but absolutely shat it as soon as he went out on the platform walkways / stairs that are largely steel mesh with a view straight down to the sea.  Refused to leave the accommodation block and that was promptly the end of his offshore career.  More cake for me though. 

Had the same with an Egyptian fella once too, had worked land rigs all his career & was literally on his hands & knees as soon as he stepped off the helideck onto the grating. Really felt for the guy as he was good at his job but couldn’t get the lucrative UK contract he was after due to this affliction.
Must admit I chuckled slightly on first seeing him crawling tbh.

On 23/01/2020 at 13:27, Hedgecutter said:

Which platform? I've heard that same story repeated on just about every platform I have been on during the past twenty years. Strangely I've never heard it said on a drilling rig which are less suitable for the feint hearted!

Edited by Futureboy

18 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

Which platform? I've heard that same story repeated on just about every platform I have been on during the past twenty years. Strangely I've never heard it said on a drilling rig which are less suitable for the feint hearted!

Clair, which can get some lovely waves out in the Atlantic.   Only when you see the support vessels alongside that you realise how far down the drop is.  Much the same with the chopper when the height quadruples as soon as you see a fishing boat for a scale.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Clair, which can get some lovely waves out in the Atlantic.   Only when you see the support vessels alongside that you realise how far down the drop is.  Much the same with the chopper when the height quadruples as soon as you see a fishing boat for a scale.

Fair enough. I've been on Clair a few times in the past.

Being on a Semi WoS in winter can be an experience....loosing anchors and a good bit of pitch and roll!

If folk whitey at walking on grating, I'd love to see them do a boat transfer on the Billy Pugh! 😉