What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies?

Dee Man

Found an old vacuum flask in a day sack (one of several) this evening which I'd obviously just dumped after a day on the hills and forgotten all about.  This thing probably hasn't been touched in over a year, probably two.

Opened the flask to find some ancient tea, resulting in the entire house smelling of concentrated vomit.    Needless to say, the other half (who escaped to the 24hr Tesco) was is still not impressed.

source.gif

8 hours ago, 101 said:

I don't mind going up or the view from the top as I can use the wide part of  the stair and I kind of grab the stairs going up, basically all fours

I just about emptied my bowels as I looked down and some cheery American informed me it was 246 stairs to the bottom

tower-chinese-style-roof-city-pillar-shr

This is a Chinese Temple in Supanburi, not that far from where I live.  Yes, It has a big open spiral staircase in the middle.  You can get off at each level to have a look.  I went up with my son last year.  He  got very scarred at the top.  He was not sure what was going as I got the fear hitting me and was gripping his hand to the extent I was starting to hurt him.  I froze and couldn't go back down the staircase.  I was shouting at the top of my voice at the wife, who was at the bottom with our baby.  "PUT THE FUCKING PHONE DOWN, I AM NOT WAVING.  I NEED YOU TO COME AND HELP US".  

The place was very busy with many tourist which was not helping one bit.  Kids, pensioners, every fucker all having a jolly at my expense.  I had never experienced anything like that before.   I've done lot's of hiking over the years, with some very very high drops, but for some reason (probably because I had my son) i got gripped badly.  It took my a while to get back down.  Wife came up and got the boy and then fucked off to the dragon area.  Crazy shite...  Anyway here is a photo of the dragon to take your mind off it.

depositphotos_208036262-stock-photo-big-

Edited by SlipperyP

8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Joy needs more than a burger or two.

A bit of meat of the bone and she'd very much be a wid.  Until then, she's simply creepy as fook.

WSN_8438-558x372.jpg

She looks all out of proportion. Like somebody has concocted her from photoshopped body parts.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

This is a Chinese Temple in Supanburi, not that far from where I live.  Yes, It has a big open spiral staircase in the middle.  You can get off at each level to have a look.  I went up with my son last year.  He  got very scarred at the top.  He was not sure what was going as I got the fear hitting me and was gripping his hand to the extent I was starting to hurt him.  I froze and couldn't go back down the staircase.  I was shouting at the top of my voice at the wife, who was at the bottom with our baby.  "PUT THE FUCKING PHONE DOWN, I AM NOT WAVING.  I NEED YOU TO COME AND HELP US".  

The place was very busy with many tourist which was not helping one bit.  Kids, pensioners, every fucker all having a jolly at my expense.  I had never experienced anything like that before.   I've done lot's of hiking over the years, with some very very high drops, but for some reason (probably because I had my son) i got gripped badly.  It took my a while to get back down.  Wife came up and got the boy and then fucked off to the dragon area.  Crazy shite...  Anyway here is a photo of the dragon to take your mind off it.

That sounds genuinely horrible. My family had a good laugh at my expense when they caught up with me at the bottom.

I also don't like stairs with gaps in them for climbing any sort of height the tower at Landmark was awful on a windy day.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

I used to work on the roofs and one day the guy I worked with who had 20+ years of experience was suddenly gripped by terror halfway up a roof and couldn't move, he just froze on the spot, clinging to the battens for dear life. We had to just sit and wait for about 5 minutes for it to subside. Mad thing to witness. 

It's flour on a roll for me. Many a lunchtime ruined by the feeling of the flour on top of a roll. It's just so pointless, they make me irrationally angry. Why would you put flour on top of a roll? It is a disgusting practice and when I touch it I shiver and get the dry boak. 

As far as food goes - Broccoli and Cauliflower - I can't get over the texture.  Don't mind them blended in a vegetable soup but not raw/steamed.  Also butter beans - i've gagged trying to get those swallowed  (insert Kenneth Williams gif)

Away from foodstuffs - I have a bit of a panic about using public loos for a "sit down" visit.  I've seen me almost double over with stomach pain rather than use a toilet in a pub or on a train.  As I've aged, I have relaxed a bit but still not great.  (apologies to anyone eating their lunch and reading this)

Touching bits of food when doing the dishes

Scratching blackboard etc

Nonces

Edit to add, after reading dee_62s post i too get the heebie jeebies in public toilets/work toilets, even some mates toilets.. 

Edited by Skerla

28 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Away from foodstuffs - I have a bit of a panic about using public loos for a "sit down" visit.  I've seen me almost double over with stomach pain rather than use a toilet in a pub or on a train.  As I've aged, I have relaxed a bit but still not great.  (apologies to anyone eating their lunch and reading this)

5 minutes ago, Skerla said:

Edit to add, after reading dee_62s post i too get the heebie jeebies in public toilets/work toilets, even some mates toilets.. 

I take it you guys were the weirdos at school who went home to do a shite?

It's flour on a roll for me. Many a lunchtime ruined by the feeling of the flour on top of a roll. It's just so pointless, they make me irrationally angry. Why would you put flour on top of a roll? It is a disgusting practice and when I touch it I shiver and get the dry boak. 

Couldn’t agree more. Feel sick just thinking about it.