Raith v Montrose

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Only 4 of them in the league. 

It's the wages that worry me to be honest. He will not be cheap. 

Well it seems we aren't in a position to be too picky. 4 players have apparently turned us down already this window. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I imagine given his age he won't have full time offers flooding in so can't be too financially demanding. He may just want to go somewhere & play.

Well that was entertaining! 3 weeks of inactivity caught up with us today .. bossed most of the game but we were sloppy at the front and the back. Raith were much more clinical in front of goal and we gifted them 3 of the 4 goals and even Bowie’s first came as a result of Terry giving the ball away .. cracking finish all the same. Fair play to SP for switching it at halftime and at 3-2 the comeback was on ... and then Cammy slips on the halfway line and we’re back to square one again. Quite a debut for Aiden Quinn .. assists for the first and scores the 3rd. Going to give SP a huge headache for next week. Overall there were a lot of positives we can take from the game .. second half especially. That said, we desperately need a centre forward. Easier said than done tho.

41 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Rumours I've heard are that Miller signed for us after the game and will be announced on Monday. 

We miss a lot of chances. If he can make us a bit more potent and turn a few a few more chances into goals then I’m happy enough for him to sign.

The guy still looks fit, was recently scoring at Championship level, and was the best Scottish international forward of recent times.

Only worry would be how it affects Baird and Bowie but hopefully they see it as a challenge and up their game. Same with Grant Anderson who hasn’t kicked a ball for us for a while after starting the season on fire. 

Edited by Scary Bear

Five of them in the league. And five in the cups, which breakdown as two against League Two sides, two against League One sides, and one against a Premiership side.

Whatever else he does or does not to do and with whatever baggage he may or may not bring, Kenny Miller scores goals. With the position we're in, that's an invaluable quality.

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

David Goodwillie for a start. 

Would from a footballing point been excellent, but sadly we couldn't/wouldn't get him due to Clyde already agreeing to pay him somewhere in excess of £999 a week for the next 3 years.

Edited by Scottydog

He is on loan from Partick. Loan recently extended to the end of the season. Very popular at Partick and was surprised at the extension. Rumour was this was a sweetener for the transfer of one of our other players to them (who didn't feature today, worryingly)
To add to this Partick picked him up from Pollok & had their eyes on him for a while but couldn't sign him until his migrant status had been sorted.

Sena has been brilliant since he came in. Must start next week.

For all this talk about Kenny 'Pretending To Be A Poundstretcher Dick Campbell In The Main Stand' Miller, it's Raith's back four that really needs attention (presumably Anderson is injured?) because that will be the difference between winning the league and another risky trip to the playoffs IMO.

For all this talk about Kenny 'Pretending To Be A Poundstretcher Dick Campbell In The Main Stand' Miller, it's Raith's back four that really needs attention (presumably Anderson is injured?) because that will be the difference between winning the league and another risky trip to the playoffs IMO.

Raith back four should be a back five. Davo-Bene in the centre of a back four just does not work, we’ve seen this time and again and time and again again.

8 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Our central defence has been a worry for a long time. It’s a pity Anderson got injured. Maybe a miracle occurs and Mendy has become Desailly while in Kelty. Maybe we’ve decided we’re just going to have to out score teams every game.

3 hours ago, Frank conner said:

Don't know if its been mentioned but Kenny Miller was at the game today.

I can't help but thinking that we'd be shitting the players fund down the drain  with him.

We don't struggle to score,  however we do struggle to defend. 

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I can't help but thinking that we'd be shitting the players fund down the drain  with him.

We don't struggle to score,  however we do struggle to defend. 

We do score but generally this season we’ve been horribly wasteful in front of goal. If we could find another Steven Anderson type I’d be up for that. Christophe Berra?

Well, I posted before the game about what’s in the cupboard, and it was mostly on point, in my opinion. JMcG needs to drop his thoughts of his beloved back four, we play miles better with a back five, allowing MacDonald and Miller to roam up the wings. The problem there is if Davo is injured, we have three CB’s available for three spots, and one is Mendy. The phrase is, in for a penny, in for a pound!

What is our choice going forward...Watson is a better pure defender than Miller, so in a back four, it should be Watson and not Miller. However, our production suffered with Miller absent, so that’s a poor choice to make. Can Watson play RCB, move McKay to CB and Bene to LCB, allowing Miller and MacDonald outside, if we don’t rate Mendy starting?

Optionally, can Bene, McKay, or (sweet Jesus, I cant believe I’m saying this) Mendy play sweeper with a back four?

Could Miller play wing-mid?

Dingwall looked alive in the first half, but Montrose’s changes fixed that. Tait looks sparkling, but Hendry seems a little off pace, and Matthews is still an ideal Defensive Mid.

Bowie is back, and Baird looks threatening.

Next week at Airdrie promises entertainment of some sort...

Well, I posted before the game about what’s in the cupboard, and it was mostly on point, in my opinion. JMcG needs to drop his thoughts of his beloved back four, we play miles better with a back five, allowing MacDonald and Miller to roam up the wings. The problem there is if Davo is injured, we have three CB’s available for three spots, and one is Mendy. The phrase is, in for a penny, in for a pound!
What is our choice going forward...Watson is a better pure defender than Miller, so in a back four, it should be Watson and not Miller. However, our production suffered with Miller absent, so that’s a poor choice to make. Can Watson play RCB, move McKay to CB and Bene to LCB, allowing Miller and MacDonald outside, if we don’t rate Mendy starting?
Optionally, can Bene, McKay, or (sweet Jesus, I cant believe I’m saying this) Mendy play sweeper with a back four?
Could Miller play wing-mid?
Dingwall looked alive in the first half, but Montrose’s changes fixed that. Tait looks sparkling, but Hendry seems a little off pace, and Matthews is still an ideal Defensive Mid.
Bowie is back, and Baird looks threatening.
Next week at Airdrie promises entertainment of some sort...

Watson RCB...Mendy as a sweeper...dafuq?