Raith v Montrose

I don’t think it’s necessarily all his fault, why are we playing the way we do from out the back when basically no one is overall comfortable doing it? Was fine doing it when we were 3-0 up but not at 0-0 and even when we had opened the scoring. 

Folk have short memories I think with regard to the goalkeeping situation. I was up at Peterhead and it was absolutely plain and simple to see that McGurn struggles with playing out from the back. Something Munro is a bit better at. Granted around the Crossing situations but the defence have to help out as well.

Who’s to say Miller wasn’t there ahead of joining the Mo?? We are more in need of a striker 

anyway, can’t believe Montrose got nothing from that game. Dominated the first 30 minutes and were 3-0 down. First goal could have been avoided, second was a decent effort and third was after heads had dropped. Couldn’t fault much, if anything about our first half display

Couple of substitutions at half time and a change of formation and before we knew it we were back in it at 3-2 through CJ and Senna. Raith we’re struggling with any ball into the box and thought it was only a matter of time until we levelled

But a slip at the back allowed mercenary Baird through and Lennox saved well, rebound netted via the post  

credit to the Mo, still never gave up and Quinn scored a debut goal and followed it up with a great last ditch tackle just after.  Alas no leveller but a great performance from Mo, imagine if we had a proven goal scorer! 

Pretty awful game of football where the only shining light was the outstanding performances of Bowie and Tait who were streets ahead of any other players on the pitch. We were fortunate to be 3-0 up at half time but it was utterly embarrassing to watch us put in such a haphazard defensive performance in the second half. I'd be all for giving Thomson a run out next week. In terms of performances, Miller would often find space on the right only for the centre halves to ignore it or not spot the pass. McDonald gave the ball away a ridiculous number of times, and our centre backs and midfield kept backing off. 

Going forward, Dingwall gradually fell out the game and Spence looked a huge improvement when he came on. Baird was often left chasing long punts and relying on the Montrose centre halves being utter haddies (which was, in honestly, quite frequent). We need to get Tait locked down on a longer contract. He really is outstanding and was brilliant at bringing down the ball and finding space to drive into through the middle. Similarly, Bowie put in a fantastic shift and his first goal was a fantastic solo effort. 

Really good 3 points considering Montrose's form. 

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Oops, I’ve just worked a 12 hour shift. I meant fundamental

I'm not advocating his signing as I think we can do better but agree that his experience could hold invaluable lessons for our younger (and probably older!) players. 

I'm not advocating his signing as I think we can do better but agree that his experience could hold invaluable lessons for our younger (and probably older!) players. 
At this time of the year who do you think would be a better signing Ebanda because I certainly can't think of one.

I’d sign that Niang in a heartbeat. Looks a fantastic player! Where did you get him from?

He is on loan from Partick. Loan recently extended to the end of the season. Very popular at Partick and was surprised at the extension. Rumour was this was a sweetener for the transfer of one of our other players to them (who didn't feature today, worryingly)

9 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
17 minutes ago, Ebanda said:

At this time of the year who do you think would be a better signing Ebanda because I certainly can't think of one.

David Goodwillie for a start. 

25 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

David Goodwillie for a start. 

The good thing about signing someone with a strong Rangers background is that he has a very good understanding of the word "No", unlike Goodwillie.

58 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Miller has scored 10 goals for Partick this season. It would be a bit of a gamble, but it's not Rudi Skacel territory. 

Only 4 of them in the league. 

It's the wages that worry me to be honest. He will not be cheap.