Raith v Montrose

I think that we caused some of our problems at the start of the second half by defenders passing back under no pressure to the goalie. He was being closed down much quicker & could only punt away which generally returned the ball to Montrose. They had a noticeably taller team so let's not play to other team's strengths. The team may have felt subconsciously that it was job done after the 1st half, we need to play for 90 mins.

That defence is an absolute clusterfuck without Anderson. We need an experienced defender to pull the strings, they’re few and far between in this league. As in signed up to long contracts at other clubs. Oh and Mendy is certainly not the answer. If we want to test him then play him in the cup game against Partick, it’s a free hit.

9 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Baird is some boy. Spencer doesn't pass to him and he goes mental. The full time whistle goes but Bairdy continues to give him a bollocking.😂

The thing is, I don’t Baird is passing if he is in the same position as Spencer. Happy if Miller signs but feel sorry for our midfield, can’t be many that rival Miller and Baird for complaining!

The thing is, I don’t Baird is passing if he is in the same position as Spencer. Happy if Miller signs but feel sorry for our midfield, can’t be many that rival Miller and Baird for complaining!

Yeah too right Baird would have been shooting! I don’t like the selfish side of Bairds game, always moaning if he’s not played in. I still love him though!

I think Davo is culpable for all 3 Montrose goals.

Lets his man drift off him and is caught under the ball for the 1st, lets his man get goal side for the 2nd header and is nutmegged on the line for the 3rd. He had a good game other than that but Man of the match? Nope sorry Davo.

Thought Baird is finally looking fit, found yards of space for himself at the end and rightly lambasted Spencer for not passing.

Edited by Scottydog

I think Davo is culpable for all 3 Montrose goals.
Lets his man drift off him and is caught under the ball for the 1st, lets his man get goal side for the 2nd header and is nutmegged on the line for the 3rd. He had a good game other than that but Man of the match? Nope sorry Davo.

Thought Baird is finally looking fit, found yards of space for himself at the end and rightly lambasted Spencer for not passing.
Disagree. Munro starts out then stops in no mans land for 1st then goes but flaps like a haddy at 3rd. Entire defence at sea too often yday. Unfair to single Davo, but that seems to be fashionable in here.

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Disagree. Munro starts out then stops in no mans land for 1st then goes but flaps like a haddy at 3rd. Entire defence at sea too often yday. Unfair to single Davo, but that seems to be fashionable in here.

If you are accusing me of being part of the Davo bashing brigade best look elsewhere you won't often find me critical until now, yesterday though he lost his man twice and then was nutmegged on the line.

Strange game. Ross Matthews scores one and sets up another with terrific runs behind the Montrose defence but I think his presence there sums up our midfield performance really, we were exceptionally gung-ho and it was like a game of basketball at times in the first half.

We possibly played better overall in the second half and lost it 3-1 on account of failing to defend set pieces and punts. Ross Munro is starting to really cost us, you could argue he’s lost us points at Falkirk and Forfar away and he’s flapping around at the first and third yesterday. Robbie Thomson gets better in the eyes of many the longer he doesn’t play, but it might be time to try him... maybe.

I’m sure fans of every team will think they’re the most ‘hard to watch’ in terms of nerves, but my word Raith Rovers really do make it difficult. Second time in a month we’ve been three goals up and lost two in five minutes. We won the game which is the most important thing, and 9/9 from Montrose is a terrific record given the season they’re having.

On to Airdrie.

Strange game. Ross Matthews scores one and sets up another with terrific runs behind the Montrose defence but I think his presence there sums up our midfield performance really, we were exceptionally gung-ho and it was like a game of basketball at times in the first half.

We possibly played better overall in the second half and lost it 3-1 on account of failing to defend set pieces and punts. Ross Munro is starting to really cost us, you could argue he’s lost us points at Falkirk and Forfar away and he’s flapping around at the first and third yesterday. Robbie Thomson gets better in the eyes of many the longer he doesn’t play, but it might be time to try him... maybe.

I’m sure fans of every team will think they’re the most ‘hard to watch’ in terms of nerves, but my word Raith Rovers really do make it difficult. Second time in a month we’ve been three goals up and lost two in five minutes. We won the game which is the most important thing, and 9/9 from Montrose is a terrific record given the season they’re having.

On to Airdrie.
The complaints we have about munro yesterday can easily be considered Thomsons weakness aswell so it won't be a simple case of him being a big improvement. Both 'keepers have obvious weaknesses and are at a fairly similar standard.

39 minutes ago, grumswall said:
46 minutes ago, Paco said:

On to Airdrie.

The complaints we have about munro yesterday can easily be considered Thomsons weakness aswell so it won't be a simple case of him being a big improvement. Both 'keepers have obvious weaknesses and are at a fairly similar standard.

Agreed, based upon pre-injury Thomson form. But we haven’t seen him post-injury, so perhaps it’s time.

Agreed, based upon pre-injury Thomson form. But we haven’t seen him post-injury, so perhaps it’s time.
I'm fully behind him getting his chance but he won't have miraculously learned how to deal with high balls without playing. I actually like Thomson as a 'keeper despite pointing out his weakness.

14 minutes ago, grumswall said:
52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I'm fully behind him getting his chance but he won't have miraculously learned how to deal with high balls without playing. I actually like Thomson as a 'keeper despite pointing out his weakness.

I got the impression that’s what practice and coaching was for. Hopefully we’ll see.

I got the impression that’s what practice and coaching was for. Hopefully we’ll see.
There's a big difference between training and what you learn by just getting out on the pitch and playing. Hopefully he does get his chance next week. Mcglynn is a stubborn one with 'keepers though so I wouldn't be surprised to see munro starting.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

There's a big difference between training and what you learn by just getting out on the pitch and playing. Hopefully he does get his chance next week. Mcglynn is a stubborn one with 'keepers though so I wouldn't be surprised to see munro starting.

Agree to both. That’s also why our penchant for close games frustrates me, we then can’t runout someone for 10-20 minutes to see them under fire and get them time.

Agree to both. That’s also why our penchant for close games frustrates me, we then can’t runout someone for 10-20 minutes to see them under fire and get them time.
It's just the rovers way.

I haven't really commented on the game. How we were 3 up at ht considering how we started was baffling. Have to give alot of credit to petrie for making the changes at ht and the mo gave it a good go to get back into it. That was largely helped by a mixture of poor goalkeeping and poor defending by the cbs not winning the balls into the box. Davo looked to have a bit of an injury to his hamstring/ arse cheek in the first half so I was surprised he came out after ht. We are definitely a quieter team without ando on the pitch and I don't think it's a coincidence munro has been poorer without him organising the defence. We did have chances to make it 5/6/7 but between lennox making a couple of good saves and our luck running out on that front it didn't quite happen and led to a nervy end. Mcglynn waited to long to get the other ando on the pitch. The ball wasn't sticking when it was inevitably being launched long largely cause bairdy is a midget and bowie can't really challenge in the air effectively yet. Ando at least gives us a target to hit and is full of running. We really are a wee team, to coin a phrase.

We got the 3 points and scored 4 goals that could have easily been more so not a bad day at the office.