Raith v Montrose

I wonder if it will be more of a diamond and narrow ‘wide’ players and then use the fullbacks for width. 

That could work by flooding midfield and then sucking their wide players in to leave space... 
We shall see! 

This was my immediate thought. I can't see anyone in that team playing as an out-and-out winger today. Matthews will sit, while Tait, Dingwall and Hendry will nominally make up the rest of the diamond, I imagine they'll be fairly fluid.

18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Gavin fucking Ross. 

Why is this cretin refereeing so many of our games? 

Because, like a zombie, he won't die?

I would predict Dingwall and Matthews staying back and Hendry and Tait wrapping forward, limited forays by Miller and MacDonald...which is why I don't understand the four back choice. And as I type that, M and M are tearing forward.

Edited by TxRover

On paper, it's a 4-2-3-1. Dingwall on the left of the three, Bowie on the right, Tait in the middle.

In practice, the midfield "triangle" of Matthews, Tait and Hendry is rotating to let any two go and one stay at any time.

And there's a case in point for the opening goal. Matthews had pushed beyond even Baird when the ball broke to him. Lovely finish, lifted over the goalkeeper.

We'd looked a wee bit nervy in the first five minutes, but the goal should help settle things.

6 minutes ago, RaithTheRover said:

Dingwall doing something? An assist? Wow.

It was a tad strong, but Matthews made it work...nice vision.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Got one last week, too. I think reports of Dingwall’s demise are vastly over-egged. Offers plenty.

Indeed, but I'm worried that this 4 back will limit MacDonald and Miller, where much of our threat has been.