Clyde vs East Fife

48 minutes ago, faither said:

When you make defensive errors such as those two we made for the Clyde goals and when you miss several clear-cut chances you can't complain when you lose. Aside from that the officials were truly woeful today - for both teams.

The ref even managed to forget or ignore the minutes applause planned and announced for Danny Masterton.. shocking!

Disappointing result and now sees us in a battle to secure 4th spot with Clyde now back in that hunt as we continue to drop down the league.

We need a couple of new signings to freshen up the squad and provide a bit of competition especially in centre midfield.

On 25/01/2020 at 19:26, C. Muir said:

I have no idea how Newlands still gets gigs at any level after giving Annan a ghost penalty against us and red carding our keeper for nothing last season. He was terrible for both sides today including penalising Higgins twice in the first half for what I thought were perfectly good challenges.

Totally agree with this.  I have always liked Chris Higgins and today he played well in what was a good East Fife side.  A couple of weeks ago I attended a game as a neutral (Airdrie v Falkirk.  Clyde were at Peterhead and I was never going to make it).  There was no emotional investment.  But I have to say that the officials were shocking at that game.  They seemed to be making things up as the game progressed.  I now don't feel so bad criticising them at Clyde games.

I think that the majority of Clyde fans would agree that Chris Higgins was a good player with us.  Good discipline and great at reading the game.  That he was penalised against us was just unfair.

East Fife are still one of the best teams in this league and having watched them yesterday, I still believe that.  All the more delighted with our three points.

Totally agree with this.  I have always liked Chris Higgins and today he played well in what was a good East Fife side.  A couple of weeks ago I attended a game as a neutral (Airdrie v Falkirk.  Clyde were at Peterhead and I was never going to make it).  There was no emotional investment.  But I have to say that the officials were shocking at that game.  They seemed to be making things up as the game progressed.  I now don't feel so bad criticising them at Clyde games.
I think that the majority of Clyde fans would agree that Chris Higgins was a good player with us.  Good discipline and great at reading the game.  That he was penalised against us was just unfair.
East Fife are still one of the best teams in this league and having watched them yesterday, I still believe that.  All the more delighted with our three points.

For what it's worth, the free kick we got midway through the 2nd half , right at the edge of your box, was never a foul either. Think the Clyde player got booked as well.
Both that one and the Higgins challenge , were perfectly timed tackles. Newlands, has a history of unbelievably bad decisions, but he is still officiating in the senior League, every week.