Clyde vs East Fife

FT
Clyde 2-1 East Fife
IMG_1058.thumb.jpg.6d762a14d9badadbde3956d8c940dc4f.jpg
Looks like we took over in the second half but as has been usual recently, a lot of possession but not a load of end product, three shots on target (including the goal) isn’t good enough tbh!!!
Clyde better team in first half with a fair bit of possession and some nice passing football but created very little.

Second half East Fife were the better side. Poor goal for us to lose Lamont and Johnston with a half hearted attempt to keep the cross out that lead to the goal, was a tap in for Dunsmore.

Was a defensive mistake from East Fife for equaliser. Defender took his eye off the ball and let Goodwillie in one on one with keeper. Goodwillie rounded the keeper then lifted it into the net.

Winning goal was a mishit cross from Rankin which Lang got a touch too. Lang managed to get it under control and spin round to get the shot away. East Fife had a great chance right afterwards to score with a cross into the box but free header was straight at Mitchell.

As ever brilliant to get a last minute goal! 
not much between the teams today, which I suppose is great progress for us.  

Frustrating that we are probably CM and a full back away from being a right good team. although great to see Rankin back

Edited by FREDDYFRY

A good and welcome three points against a good East Fife team.  We have been honours even so far, so today's victory was very sweet.  

It was fantastic to see John Rankin coming on, his first game since the playoffs?  Darren Smith has skill, but what he seems to lack is confidence.  His positioning and timing are great, but when faced with a keeper one on one, it seems to go wrong.  I hope that time fixes that because there is no doubt that he has skill.

Tony Wallace?  Lack of confidence or lack of talent?  Or is he just clumsy?  I cannot make up my mind.

Anyway, a great team performance in the second half.  

By the way, David Mitchell is one decent bloke.  Not only has he proven himself to be an outstanding keeper, but he goes even further than that.  Delighted that we have tied him up.

25 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

Two very evenly matched sides.Great to see Rankin back.The Clyde defence will only benefit from his guidance.

Goodwillie’s goal. Was so clever.

Superbly taken goal. Despite him missing some howlers in his time with us I was never in doubt he was scoring that even after rounding the keeper and taking his time. Winner was a bit scrappier but they all count and delighted for Tom Lang. 

Was scratching my head at how we'd line up after seeing the team (Love and Wylde both starting. Howie Lang and Rumsby all starting again). Howie was a bit steadier at right back than the couple of cameos he had there earlier in the season but throughout his career I've never seen Wylde play anywhere other than the left hand side and the idea of shoehorning him in anywhere else needs binned. The 2 right footed crosses he sliced out of play within minutes of each other was laughable :lol:

A very good 3 points and Rankin returning to assist the winner was brilliant. 

Edited by C. Muir

Think a draw would have been a fair result today tho the 3 points is very welcoming.. Wylde’s pass to goody for the goal was class and Goodies goal was another example of his class what a difference a talent like that can be. Brilliant to see Rankin back he was on 2 minutes and class was oozing out him get him fit and he’ll be a key player again and chuffed for Lang getting his first goal for the club 👏🏼

Fair play to Clyde - took their chances when we made defensive errors. Can anyone clarify what happened when the Referee gave a bounce ball at the feet of Mitchell in the Clyde box in the second half - totally baffling !
I'm still wondering what was given [emoji23] I swear the officials make it up as they go [emoji1267]

Fair play to Clyde - took their chances when we made defensive errors. Can anyone clarify what happened when the Referee gave a bounce ball at the feet of Mitchell in the Clyde box in the second half - totally baffling !
Think the ball deflected off the ref?

20 minutes ago, Bayviewboy said:

I have no idea how Newlands still gets gigs at any level after giving Annan a ghost penalty against us and red carding our keeper for nothing last season. He was terrible for both sides today including penalising Higgins twice in the first half for what I thought were perfectly good challenges.

Edited by C. Muir

The officials and players also didn’t seem to know there was to be a minutes applause for Danny Masterton before kick off.  That was embarrassing.  The announcement being drowned out by the drum didn’t help either.

Good three points in a game that could have gone either way.