Clyde vs East Fife

As much as a back 3 was probably the correct way to start on Saturday, if we were to go for that again I hope theres a re-think from mid to front. Grant and Lamont could hardly get a foot hold until we made the changes coupled with Bonnyrigg starting to tire. The left hand side was useless too with McNiff looking even more lost playing more advanced and Wylde being anonymous (appreciate it'll probably take him a few games to get up to speed).

None of them really deserve to be dropped but for balance I think we're probably better off sacrafising one of Lang, Howie and Rumsby and playing our usual system.

My opinion would also be that we stick to back 4 at the moment, mainly due to the fact we don’t had natural wing backs. Lennon, I think has to make a decision either Lang or Howie at the moment, from what I’ve seen neither can play anywhere other than CH, certainly not full back. 

Our age old issue of at least 2 seasons is that we don’t have a LB and it continues to bite our backside! 

Big game for us and a game that we need to be winning to have any chance of making the play offs and keep the chasing back of Montrose and Dumbarton at arms length. Clyde need to win this to keep any small hope they have of making the play offs alive.

We’ve gone off the boil a little bit lately but a big boost for us is that Kevin Smith and Ross Dunlop are now back.

Broadwood is always a difficult place to visit likeways Dumbarton and out first game back since the Scottish cup holiday, our form a bit shaky at the moment so hopefully back to winning ways and our fist win of 2020!!!!!, PS I hope I'm not a jinx.

2 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

So you hope to go up a league with only 100 faithful fans, bet you'll be popular !!

Don’t think we are in any position to question the support of other teams given our few hundred souls in the recent past. Fair play to East Fife for being able to challenge at the top despite a limited following. If they go up, I’m quite sure the small number of faithful fans won’t give a flying f**k whether they are popular or not. Nor should they. 

On 21/01/2020 at 15:16, Come Away The Clyde said:

Looking forward to it have always enjoyed games against the mad Fifers - weather looks okay for Saturday - if we play at full strength with everyone on form, we should have enough to win

East Fife fans - are many travelling through ???

Probably around 150 to 200. Same as the last time. Our away support is usually decent 

Never get why some of our support slag off other clubs crowds, it's not like we get 8000 at home every week.

And some of the numbers thrown around for our away crowds before a game are fucking ridiculous as well.

The days of us getting 2k+ at home are long gone. If we get more than 200 or so for local(ish) away games then we are doing well.

3 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I think our support is shocking, the way the club is moving we should have 1000+ at home every single week at least.

Unlikely to happen, unless you are in the Championship with bigger away supports. You are in a similar attendance potential bracket as Arbroath, Airdrie, Dumbarton and ourselves. Not good, occasional decent crowds in the cup or derby games. 

It's tough going, but where we are at

Edited by Angusfifer

4 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I think our support is shocking, the way the club is moving we should have 1000+ at home every single week at least.

Aye we are improving year on year but we are still 3rd bottom in League 1. Not an attractive proposition when 90% of cumbernauld support the old firm.