Super Bowl LIV

lichtie23

I've usually been able to enjoy the last few Super Bowls as I've had no real interest in the teams playing but this time I'll be bricking it as, due to some late 80s / early 90s gloryhunting, my team is the 49ers. Definitely staying up to watch it. No way I will be able to avoid a day at work without seeing the result and I don't think I could handle waking up early to blast through the game.

Does mean I'll need to suffer the half time show...

Perfect time to take the dog for a quick walk or watch something on catchup

4 hours ago, RiG said:

I've usually been able to enjoy the last few Super Bowls as I've had no real interest in the teams playing but this time I'll be bricking it as, due to some late 80s / early 90s gloryhunting, my team is the 49ers. Definitely staying up to watch it. No way I will be able to avoid a day at work without seeing the result and I don't think I could handle waking up early to blast through the game.

Does mean I'll need to suffer the half time show...

Being a Patriots fan I’m the complete opposite having been spoiled with 10 Superbowls since I started following them. I’m really looking forward to the game as it promises to be an absolute cracker and I’m really not fussed who wins. 

What I actually came on to ask though was what are people doing for it? We sometimes go to three sisters in edinburgh but wondering if anyone knows anywhere else that does anything good for it? Could be Glasgow or Edinburgh. Or Falkirk (lol) 

Also I hadn't realised how mental face value tickets are for this, obviously on the resale market you expect nonsense prices but I don't think there was a seat available for under $950 with top end seats at $5000

It’s not a working class sport anymore

Will be hoping for a Chiefs win, Andy Reid is a likeable guy. And I'm hoping the 49ers will do a Rams next season, so the Seahawks make the playoffs again.

Going to be making a big 'Lupe Pintos' Chilli, which will mean nachos and tacos, might do some form of Buffalo Wings as well.

15 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Looking forward to this Superb Owl, mostly because it doesn't bother me too much who wins. Probably leaning towards the Chiefs but not overly concerned.

surprised owl GIF

8 hours ago, gc_smfc said:

Will be hoping for a Chiefs win, Andy Reid is a likeable guy. And I'm hoping the 49ers will do a Rams next season, so the Seahawks make the playoffs again.

Going to be making a big 'Lupe Pintos' Chilli, which will mean nachos and tacos, might do some form of Buffalo Wings as well.

I made that once, and opted for their spicy chorizo rather than the normal one. If you do the same, make sure the toilet roll goes in the fridge on Saturday

On 22/01/2020 at 13:45, CountyFan said:

What I actually came on to ask though was what are people doing for it? We sometimes go to three sisters in edinburgh but wondering if anyone knows anywhere else that does anything good for it? Could be Glasgow or Edinburgh. Or Falkirk (lol) 

I'm going to be in Copenhagen for it. Got a mate who stays over there and he's got us tickets to a boozer which is doing a free bar for 10 hours, a buffet and half time snack for 60 quid. I hope the good citizens of Copenhagen are prepared for the third quarter to be punctuated with songs about Super Yogi Hughes.

Last year I went to Walkabout and it was shite.