Super Bowl LIV

lichtie23

7 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Getting away from the run game and putting it on Jimmy G was a bit of a faux pas. Gave KC the opportunity which they took like they have all season. 

This.

Shanahan out thought himself and went away from what we were doing well. 

All my doubts are back about money we are paying Jimmy G are well and truely back.

Absolutely gutted at the result. Didn't start well for me when I thought I would have a quick power nap only to forget to set my alarm and instead woke up at 430 am. Ended up watching it first thing this morning before going into work.

I was surprised at how well Jimmy G was throwing the ball for the first 75% of the game and once the run game got going and the Niners were 20 - 10 up I thought maybe just maybe they were going to do it. The 4th quarter though was a horror show. That conversion on 3rd and 15 was massive though and you could sense the momentum shift to the Chiefs as it seemed to give them a real spark even though they were still trailing. By the time they were ahead and sealed it I ended up rage quitting and started sobbing into my Cheerios.

Hard to say the Chiefs didn't deserve it. I think the Niners were probably the better team for most of the game but that's no good if you are giving up 21 points in the final 7 minutes (I think) of the game. Jimmy G just melted whereas Mahomes was still cold as ice and never looked flustered despite trailing. He really is something special.

Hopefully see the Niners back there soon but with some big players like Armstead out of contract having had a breakout year and salary cap space decreasing (for the first time in a good few seasons) it may be that some of these guys need to be moved on to keep him or he moves and gets paid elsewhere which would be a big loss.

Absolutely gutted at the result. Didn't start well for me when I thought I would have a quick power nap only to forget to set my alarm and instead woke up at 430 am. Ended up watching it first thing this morning before going into work.

I was surprised at how well Jimmy G was throwing the ball for the first 75% of the game and once the run game got going and the Niners were 20 - 10 up I thought maybe just maybe they were going to do it. The 4th quarter though was a horror show. That conversion on 3rd and 15 was massive though and you could sense the momentum shift to the Chiefs as it seemed to give them a real spark even though they were still trailing. By the time they were ahead and sealed it I ended up rage quitting and started sobbing into my Cheerios.

Hard to say the Chiefs didn't deserve it. I think the Niners were probably the better team for most of the game but that's no good if you are giving up 21 points in the final 7 minutes (I think) of the game. Jimmy G just melted whereas Mahomes was still cold as ice and never looked flustered despite trailing. He really is something special.

Hopefully see the Niners back there soon but with some big players like Armstead out of contract having had a breakout year and salary cap space decreasing (for the first time in a good few seasons) it may be that some of these guys need to be moved on to keep him or he moves and gets paid elsewhere which would be a big loss.
It's going to be an interesting close season. As you say, there are a bunch of players out of contract, but there are others like Kittle entering the final year of their contract. They can't let him get close to free agency next year.

They also have a dreadful set of picks in the draft, with 6 picks in total, but with none in rounds 2 ,3 & 4 and 2 apiece in rounds 5 and 7 then it could be slim pickings in the draft.

It's going to be an interesting close season. As you say, there are a bunch of players out of contract, but there are others like Kittle entering the final year of their contract. They can't let him get close to free agency next year.

They also have a dreadful set of picks in the draft, with 6 picks in total, but with none in rounds 2 ,3 & 4 and 2 apiece in rounds 5 and 7 then it could be slim pickings in the draft.

Armstead is probably your main priority free agent

I have to record the ht show for the missus and it was a great pleasure this year

Definitely. But the simple fact is we might not be able to afford him.

Here's the best comment of the night regarding the half time show.IMG_20200203_200458.jpeg.676db9cf95bc749fe7a8f2b268e2a045.jpeg

Definitely. But the simple fact is we might not be able to afford him.

Here's the best comment of the night regarding the half time show.IMG_20200203_200458.jpeg.676db9cf95bc749fe7a8f2b268e2a045.jpeg
That can't be real? There's only one reason the poor sod left to go upstairs and it sure as wasn't boredom [emoji38]