Super Bowl LIV

lichtie23

IMG_2126.jpg

The Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers will face off in Super Bowl LIV (54)

Super Bowl LIV is the 54th Super Bowl and will decide the champion for the NFL's 2019 and 100th season. The game is to be played on February 2, 2020, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida. This will be the 11th Super Bowl hosted by the South Florida region and the sixth Super Bowl hosted in Miami.

IMG_2128.jpg

The Kansas City Chiefs have come from behind in both their divisional and Championship games against the Texans and Titans to return to the Super Bowl for the 1st time in 50 years. The Chiefs finished the regular season with a 13-3 record which secured the AFC West title and the 2nd seed in the AFC. They are led by the 2018 MVP Patrick Maholmes and a terrifying group of skill players which include speedster Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins at Wide Reciever, Damian Williams at Running Back and Travis Kelce at Tight End. This will be Head Coach Andy Reid’s 2nd appearance in the big game having taken the Eagles to the 2004 Super Bowl where they lost to the New England Patriots.

IMG_2131.jpg

The San Francisco 49ers are looking to win their 6th Super Bowl and have made it too Miami with wins over the Vikings and Packers. The top seeds in the NFC went 13-3 in the regular season and eased to the NFC West title. They are led by a dominant defence which includes a front 4 of 1st round draft picks, anchored by impressive rookie Nick Bosa. On the offensive side of the ball they have a running game that has been dominant throughout the year. Raheem Mostert had a massive game in the NFC Championship as he ran for over 200 yards and 4 Touchdowns. Head Coach Kyle Shanahan is in his 3rd year with the team and was a part of the Atlanta Falcons coaching team in the Super Bowl LI

IMG_2127.jpg

Hard Rock Stadium is the home of the Miami Dolphins and has a capacity of 64,767. The venue has hosted 5 previous Super Bowls, the last being for the 2009 season when the New Orleans Saints defeated the Indianapolis Colts.

The game kicks off at 23.30 and is live on both the BBC and Sky Sports.

Chiefs were excellent once they got ahead against the Titans, never looked like they were in trouble after Mohomes solo touchdown.

Interesting to see how the 49'ers run game does against the Chiefs- they can't be as unprepared as the Packers were.

I'm hoping this turns into a College style offensive shoot out. Over 100 points. Not really fussed who wins but Divisional rivalries and a love of Frank Clark means I'll be cheering the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

I'm hoping this turns into a College style offensive shoot out. Over 100 points. Not really fussed who wins but Divisional rivalries and a love of Frank Clark means I'll be cheering the Chiefs.

I still remember the Chiefs as divisional rivals...

Looking forward to this.

It's been my first year of seriously following the NFL and I've enjoyed it. RedZone is an absolute beaut during the regular season but I've enjoyed the Sky pundits in the studio. Seems a lot more relaxed.

I understand almost everything about the sport but pass interference still boggles the mind a bit. Seems to be totally at random when you can and can't touch someone.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Looking forward to this.

It's been my first year of seriously following the NFL and I've enjoyed it. RedZone is an absolute beaut during the regular season but I've enjoyed the Sky pundits in the studio. Seems a lot more relaxed.

I understand almost everything about the sport but pass interference still boggles the mind a bit. Seems to be totally at random when you can and can't touch someone.

Within the first 5 yards from scrimmage you can make contact with the receiver/defender after that you are not meant to touch at all. The rule is primary designed to protect the receiver but it can be called both ways.

I've usually been able to enjoy the last few Super Bowls as I've had no real interest in the teams playing but this time I'll be bricking it as, due to some late 80s / early 90s gloryhunting, my team is the 49ers. Definitely staying up to watch it. No way I will be able to avoid a day at work without seeing the result and I don't think I could handle waking up early to blast through the game.

Does mean I'll need to suffer the half time show...