Dundee United vs Greenock Morton

There are people who actually think we need to watch a defensive set up every week just because we did it away to, by far and away, the strongest team in the league.

Our previous league game was a 3-2 win ffs. 

And weirdly turned out a point suited both teams on the day due to other results. 

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

Tbh I think we really missed Nicky Clark yesterday. That type of defensive set up would have been torn to shreds by him. 

Not in games I seen him play v the Ton. No chance he will start for you next season.

I think we missed a chance yesterday as I see your main weakness being in defence.

A few professional fouls when we got the opportunity to break out committed well before the half way.

Do Unt do open to air highlights. Could not see the offside at kickoff but the on side at FT was a bit close.

3 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Not in games I seen him play v the Ton. No chance he will start for you next season.

I think we missed a chance yesterday as I see your main weakness being in defence.

A few professional fouls when we got the opportunity to break out committed well before the half way.

Do Unt do open to air highlights. Could not see the offside at kickoff but the on side at FT was a bit close.

After yesterday's game how could you possibly tell that our weakness is in the defence?

^^^^ hasn't yet learned the differences between "mathematics" and "arithmetic". 
Spoils the desired effect of the post somewhat. Off you pop and check it out. 

I think somebody should be popping off and checking out if arithmetic is covered by the term mathematics or not.

One of these really frustrating games.

When the (offside) goal went in on 30 seconds I was already looking forward to another 6-0 and agree with others that have already posted, that we would have gone on to win comfortably had the goal stood.

Instead you could tell from the outset that Morton were set up for and happy to take a draw, and when they went ahead with a really well taken goal, this just made it worse for us as they fought tooth and nail to keep hold of the points.

Even at half time I was reasonably confident that we would go on and win the game, as the relentless pressure was only going 1 way, and we should have had the quality over the piece to win, but by about 80 minutes, was starting to think it was just going to be one of those days.

Was getting more frustrated by some of the roasters around about me shouting advice from the stands, with half the people advising to play it wide, the other half suggesting we play through the middle, and the golden gem of advice from the guy near me that screamed ‘Try something new for f**k’s sake’.

It is clear the players were trying their hardest, however, Morton were superbly well organised and disciplined in their defence, and it is fucking hard to play a football match with 21 players in 1 half of the pitch for the most part of the game.

The double standards of some, who defended out tactics at Palmerston to come away with a precious 3 points, then got stuck into Morton for doing the same for arguably 3 more valuable points, gets on my tits, as does anyone on social media for getting stuck into the team. Is  an18 point lead with an uncatchable goal difference  not enough at this stage of the season?

Whilst the game was eyebleedingly bad to watch, it was our job to break Morton down, not theirs to open their legs and let us f**k them.

Yes, it’s an opportunity lost given other results, however, we are a point further ahead, and the road to the finish line another frame shorter, so I am happy enough today. 

ETA - The scenes had that last gasp top corner bound effort had gone in, the scenes would have been something to behold.

Fair fucks to Rodgers for a great save at the death tbf.

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

Definitely missed Clark yesterday.

And I’d like to know how many times our CHs passed the ball to each other.

I’d also like to see the top corner save. Looked a beauty

I agree about Clark, it’s also a game where Glass could have made an impact later on.

I assume it was injury that kept him off the bench.

Bit much to call fellow fans absolute gimps imo. I really hope we dont ever play a game with 10 outfield players as far back as 35 yards from goal for the majority of a game. I'm not wanting to part with my hard earned cash to watch that. Boring as f**k 

Like he said, you better not go and watch your team play the OF next season then.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Like he said. You better not go and watch your team play the OF next season then.

Thanks Ross.  I’m sure all P&B Arabs are grateful for advice from a disgruntled Funster.  It’s invaluable.

On 25/01/2020 at 17:44, ArabAuslander said:

I mean like at least two of them were stonewall penalties. Including the one in the 86th minute where the Morton defender elbowed the ball past Apperé.

I have to correct your there.

Luca is a midfield player. Yes dodged a bullet on that one thought he must have had it on the fixed odds.