Dundee United vs Greenock Morton

Would have taken a draw even while leading with ten minutes to go, such was the backs to the wall effort that was. Apart from the character of the side that was sorely missing earlier in the season, the other plus point is that the team followed a clear organised plan and shape throughout. I think we’d have been better off putting donkeys like Connolly under pressure but the approach we took was followed up with a really disciplined team effort - as opposed to some of the shapeless rabbles we’ve seen earlier in the campaign.

A point likely gained on the rest of the dung pack and an unbeaten month in the league counts as a good day at the office.

That's your best result since drawing at Parkhead. Enjoy yourself 

We horsed those beggars on their own midden and don’t you ever forget it.

NB: Dundee United should have a point deducted for every ridiculous handball shout made by their fanbase and players today: they’d be in the relegation zone right now.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

NB: Dundee United should have a point deducted for every ridiculous handball shout made by their fanbase and players today: they’d be in the relegation zone right now.

I mean like at least two of them were stonewall penalties. Including the one in the 86th minute where the Morton defender elbowed the ball past Apperé.

57 minutes ago, virginton said:

We horsed those beggars on their own midden and don’t you ever forget it.

And if you lot got a point deducted for every time you wasted time you’d be relegated to the bottom league. 

11 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

I actually feel really sorry for you guys having to watch totally negative crap like that.i mean 37 percent possession.

Yeah, was dreadful having to watch us actually stick to a game plan and have a bit of organisation for once. Very nearly paid off for us. 

18 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

I actually feel really sorry for you guys having to watch totally negative crap like that.i mean 37 percent possession.

Agreed. Should open up and play to other teams' strengths and get gubbed positively.

We were really poor today and fair play to Morton for their point but what about the time wasting, holy f**k. I know it happens all the time but today was crazy. The keeper got warned from the ref at least 8 times in the 1st half alone. Was Sows goal offside? No sure from behind the goal. That's when the goalies time wasting started from the restart, in the first 60 seconds. The ref must have played about 5 minutes over time but if it was double that there couldn't have been any complaints 

2 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

We were really poor today and fair play to Morton for their point but what about the time wasting, holy f**k. I know it happens all the time but today was crazy. The keeper got warned from the ref at least 8 times in the 1st half alone. Was Sows goal offside? No sure from behind the goal. That's when the goalies time wasting started from the restart, in the first 60 seconds. The ref must have played about 5 minutes over time but if it was double that there couldn't have been any complaints 

The offside call must be very close, I’ll be interested to see it again.

8 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Wrap it. We were time wasting for a good bit of the QoS game and will probably be perfecting it next season.

Poor performance from United.  Time wasting is part of the game and has been for years. It's down to the referee to sort it out, unfortunately today's referee was Andrew Dallas, an incompetent.

It looked a fantastic save from Danny Rodgers deep in added time which conserved a point for Morton, to the extent that a member of the backroom staff went straight for him at full time to offer congratulations. Looking forward to seeing the replay of that and Sow's offside goal on 22 seconds.

Most of the rest of the match is forgettable. Both goals had a similar look to them

When the opposition sit really deep we are not a team who can play between the lines very well, or run through the middle. Today was boring in the extreme for long spells but we had a positive spell before the Morton goal and the last few minutes were reasonably exciting. At the end of the day it is a point that extends our lead, but we can file it away as a completely forgettable game of football.

Poor game and United were poor.  Never gave up and another goal for Lawrence the only real positives.  Also, Mochrie looks promising for 16 years old.

Hopefully Watson and Butcher back in for Tuesday.

Is Glass injured? Not even on the bench.

39 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Morton should be fucking embarrassed the way they played today, absolute minter

Really can’t agree with this.  They played the way that thought that was to their best advantage and could have got all three points.

Edited by Granny Danger

You had just three shots on target in ninety minutes on your own midden. If anyone’s guilty of negative crap it’s quite clearly Dundee United then: you had 63 percent of the ball to create dozens of chances with after all.

No wonder half your fans had actually slithered out the ground before your plucky wee equaliser went in.

IMG_3095.jpg.ec2558a320d8b840a59c4270411a15ac.jpg