Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

2 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

I'm not many years behind you Joey but by f**k what a bounce that was last night.

Still can't make up my mind which of the four goals I celebrated the most but possibly the first one as it just hadn't looked like happening and then set in motion that chain of events

A glorious day to be a Don

For me, it was undoubtedly the last one, but Andy’s goal wasn’t far behind. I’m at an age where, having thought I had seen everything and really should know better, I should not be celebrating like that.  But then a match like last night’s comes along.

After the non entity of a match that we watched in the first 45 minutes, well 43 of them anyway, what a turnaround from the start of the second half onwards. I’m sure that there will be numerous fans saying that Derek McInnes should be slated for getting his first eleven totally wrong, but I’m in the camp of thinking that he pulled off a masterstroke with three half times substitutions, it was most definitely win or bust for him, and us, the fans. I haven’t seen any highlights whatsoever, but my recollections are that Joe Lewis couldn’t be faulted for any of the goals, although I might be wrong, and he made a wonderful save from Brophy in the second half to stop them going 2.0 up, similar to the save he made from Jonny Hayes on Sunday. Logan was magnificent last night and I’m pleased for him. Campbell, apart from his brain freeze at the third Killie goal was magnificent. He is so cool on the ball, and is really starting to look at the positive side of his game rather than always playing a safe ball back. Kennedy was a revelation from the start of the second half onwards, and we have got a real player there.. McGinn was fantastic again, and I always thought that we were really dangerous whenever he got on the ball. But step up Mr Andrew Considine! Slated by some, not me, for getting caught out for Celtic’s winner  on Sunday when trying to win the game for Aberdeen, he does the same again last night, but does win the game for Aberdeen, and that’s without mentioning his tie saving equaliser in the 88th minute. As Matty Kennedy said in his post match interview on RedTV, Big Andy’s my hero.

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

They were up at midnight, Twitter anyway, relived the horror of penalties before going to sleep

Aye I meant official as in the Scottish cup youtube account. Most clubs don’t post up highlights viewable to all the way Motherwell do, they keep it for subscribers.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

For me, it was undoubtedly the last one, but Andy’s goal wasn’t far behind. I’m at an age where, having thought I had seen everything and really should know better, I should not be celebrating like that.  But then a match like last night’s comes along.

I haven't been at a game for years and haven't seen the Dons since my father died, so that's 12 years ago at least as I used to go to Borough Briggs at the end up when I was visiting, but in that time I've been "gutted" and "over the moon" in equal measure but last night I went from *shrug of the shoulders* at 3-2 down to *this must be a joke* at 4-3 final score. Tbqh, I'm still slightly stunned. And just to re-emphasise, I wasn't there! :lol:

Stupid penalty to concede. Seemed like quite an impressive away support.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update

Couple of things I remember, thinking back. The Killie fans singing, in extra time I think, “one Stuart Findlay, there’s only one Stuart Findlay.....”. Hear hear to that. And also the lack of real celebration from Sam Cosgrove and the rest of the team when the penalty equaliser went in. Sam went straight into the goal picked up the ball and ran back to put it on the Centre spot. Looking back, that was the real desire to win it, even though there was only a minute left.

Couple of things I remember, thinking back. The Killie fans singing, in extra time I think, “one Stuart Findlay, there’s only one Stuart Findlay.....”. Hear hear to that. And also the lack of real celebration from Sam Cosgrove and the rest of the team when the penalty equaliser went in. Sam went straight into the goal picked up the ball and ran back to put it on the Centre spot. Looking back, that was the real desire to win it, even though there was only a minute left.

He obviously remembered the last penalty shootout against Hearts and thought ‘no way!’

Some magnificently hilarious attempts at defending for those goals. 

Kilmarnock leaving probably the best header - headerer? - of the ball on the pitch completely unmarked six yards out for the first equaliser.

Campbell's tackle, Considine's attempted block and then Devlin's ridiculous attempt at a clearance for Kabamba's goal.

Findlay nonsensically wiping out Ferguson for the penalty after Kilmarnock generously allowed him to hit the byline with minimum resistance. 

The magnificent own goal winner. 

29 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Some magnificently hilarious attempts at defending for those goals. 

Kilmarnock leaving probably the best header - headerer? - of the ball on the pitch completely unmarked six yards out for the first equaliser.

Campbell's tackle, Considine's attempted block and then Devlin's ridiculous attempt at a clearance for Kabamba's goal.

Findlay nonsensically wiping out Ferguson for the penalty after Kilmarnock generously allowed him to hit the byline with minimum resistance. 

The magnificent own goal winner. 

Having now watched it back, I feel sympathy for Devlin. He’s desperately trying to get the ball out of the goalmouth, and kicks the ball with his left foot on to his right leg. Unlucky in my book.