Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

St Mirren v Aberdeen might be a 9-9 draw with multiple lead changes, three own goals, woodwork hit five times, two sendings off, a managerial bust up on the touchline, three disallowed goals, a twenty minute delay for a floodlight failure, and Jesus Christ re-appears on earth at half time.... or a 0-0 shitfest.

The magic of this season’s cup.

Edited by pozbaird

8 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Did this game actually happen? No mention of iron Reporting Scotland for some reason.

And I can't see when the game is to be shown on Sportscene.

Doubt it will be. YouTube highlights are probably as much as we'll get.

Atleast I can look forward to my Summer holiday that's been booked during the Scottish Cup final date.

Calmed down a bit now.

Hopefully one of the remaining diddies can beat the OF and finally take a trophy. 

Aberdeen fans must love coming to RP, as much as we love going to Tynecastle

Oooft. Didn't think anyone could feel sicker than Well fans after last night's collapse but fair play to killie. Being minutes away from winning the game twice and not even getting to penalties. That takes the biscuit.

After the draw I'm sure all 4 sets of fans were seeing a decent chance to get to the semis so it is an even bigger kick in the balls.

We never beat Aberdeen at home (think that's 16 without a win?) so I thought I was resigned to the defeat but Killie made me hope. b*****ds.

Thought Dyer should have put on an extra midfielder with about 20 mins to go as even though Aberdeen weren't getting shots on target it was clear where the pressure was.

That said, we probably had the better chances second half even though Aberdeen had all of the play.

When they went 2-1 up in extra-time I thought it was over, then Brophy comes up with the free-kick. He hit the post just after that with a shot that I thought was in from the moment it left his boot.

Then we go 3-2 up in extra-time with four minutes to go. I was only half-joking when I said to my mate: "too soon".

Findlay, who was superb up to that point, gave away an utterly stupid penalty and from then on it was concede again or lose the shoot-out.

Can only imagine how glorious it must have been in that away end, so through gritted teeth fair play to the Dons who travelled on a Wednesday night. Must have all been worth it.

I've now resigned myself to the fact that we will never beat Aberdeen at Rugby Park ever again, even if the club goes for another 150 years.

By that point I'll be long dead, but I can't help but feel I'll be trapped in some sort of purgatory where the only thing I'm aware of is that Killie still can't beat Aberdeen.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm less gutted about tonight than in 2018, because we were very capable of winning the whole thing that year, but this year not so much. Still an absolute kick in the stones though.

A cup win is sometimes about luck though. When you won the league cup in 2012 that Killie team wasn't exactly hitting the heights of the previous year either.

I think you would have fancied your chances in the quarters. Avoid Celtic in the semis and have a great game in the final.