Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

If BBC have two matches again this is going to be one of them. So this is probably going to be late on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Please not Saturday night. 

Edit:   We play Hamilton on the following Tuesday, all the other Premiership matches are on the Wednesday, so it's Saturday night, or hopefully lunchtine,  if this is on TV. 

Edited by kingjoey

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

If BBC have two matches again this is going to be one of them. So this is probably going to be late on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Please not Saturday night. 

Edit:   We play Hamilton on the following Tuesday, all the other Premiership matches are on the Wednesday, so it's Saturday night, or hopefully lunchtine,  if this is on TV. 

Why not Saturday night?

That would be ace 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Saturday night under the lights with a full Merkland end again would be fantastic.

Not for the away or travelling home support obviously.

Actually have quite good memories of the tie a couple of years back.

Kilmarnock had entered the peak-Clarke zone and brought a great crowd up to Pittodrie for the QF - and on a freezing day when police were warning against non-essential travel.

The home part of the South Stand was closed and we were 'rehoused' in the RDS, but the home crowd was pretty poor.

Down to Rugby Park for the replay we went, and again I had never seen the place like that - with a proper raucous home crowd, and a real big game cup-tie feel to it.

Getting through on pens due to Freddie Woodman was enjoyable - having Logan, Shinnie and McLean pick up second yellows wasn't - as was borne out by the shambolic semi-final that season (which was rinsed and repeated at the Ibrox QF replay win last season).

Edited by tarapoa

42 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Actually have quite good memories of the tie a couple of years back.

Kilmarnock had entered the peak-Clarke zone and brought a great crowd up to Pittodrie for the QF - and on a freezing day when police were warning against non-essential travel.

Our bus had two buses up at that, were 120 of us in a boozer in Brechin for 11am that day - best support I'd seen us take up there since first away game in the Premier under Burns when we lost 1-0 (Paul Kane screamer I'm sure) and was also first league game when the RD was open.

That was August and was still baltic.

We had a good crowd up like you mentioned last time in the cup, just under 1,400 and it was wild travelling conditions.

That's my ticket loaded on to my card. £22 isn't great. Would have preferred for them to keep them at £20 max but it didn't put me off.

Hopefully the Merkland can be full like the last round. Was a decent atmosphere and the lanky b*****d who is normally in front of me must have moved to the Merkland and I got a better view of the game. 😄