St Mirren vs Motherwell

The_Craig

Reading this thread for the first time I was having a chuckle about the ticket kerfuffle then I realised I hadn't got mine yet! Of course some b*****d has bought my seat like the Broxburn game but I did get the one next to it. If some Motherwell fans choose to buy a ticket for the home end I really don't have a problem with it as long as they dont draw too much attention to themselves and get thrown out. My mate runs the Fuerteventura Motherwell supporters club ( i'm not kidding), so i'm hoping he'll be in mourning after the game.

On 30/01/2020 at 22:11, Ralstonite said:

I have had to laugh given the Motherwell supporters' condescending attitude on here, which indicates they seem to think they're a much bigger club than St. Mirren.

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

7 Motherwell FC 5.656 11 3,8% 8.822
8 St. Mirren FC 5.533 11 3,3% 7.332

According to the above link, Motherwell have averaged 123 more spectators this season! I have always categorised Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle, Dundee and St. Mirren together in terms of size...

Now consider the two clubs' fortunes this season.

Edit: I would also include Falkirk in the above category.

Has there really been a condescending attitude from Motherwell supporters?

None of us brought up home crowds or suggested we had a big support - it's simply been a case of supply and demand for tickets for the away stand. I assume St. Mirren would take more than 1600 fans to Fir Park for a cup game, it's just we have a ludicrously over-sized away stand to suit occasions like last night. We also tend to have a much larger than normal away support for cup games. Unfortunately we don't tend to do well in these away cup games with a large travelling support which is why most Motherwell supporters have posted that a defeat is sadly all too predictable.

In terms of the game itself, we seem to have lost the scoring touch. Losing James Scott won't help us either as he's already scored 3 goals against St. Mirren this season. Hopefully Aarons didn't completely run himself into the ground last night as he looks as though he has something about him.

If we perform like last night's first half, the game will be over by half time.

If we perform like the first 25 minutes of last Saturday's game, we'll have a good chance.  

No more negative tactics at home please. 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:36, well fan for life said:

The Ian Barclough Morton debacle was reported as being a riot in the Motherwell end at Cappielow. 

It happened about 6 yards in front of me and, if anything, there were a couple of raised voices. 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:44, Swello said:

I was in the same bit and it was one of the more surreal things I've seen - police everywhere,  Stewards challenging folk to a square go, flashing lights outside the ground as cops threw their coffee and doughnuts out the car window and rushed to give reinforcements for the big riot. And Morton won, a barney in the dressing room and Barraclough was sacked.

What. A. Night.

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 10:58, well fan for life said:

The highlight was the army of "undercover" police officers running round the pitch to get themselves involved. 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 19:56, ropy said:

I was there and was also listening to the radio coverage, when Chic started reporting on the ‘incident’ I thought he had got the wrong game, I had seen nothing, turned out it was less than 10 yards in front of me 

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 20:25, Gianfranco said:

I’ve never seen so many police officers running as I did that night. Mental overreaction. They seemed to keep coming for about 5 minutes. It was like a game of crash bandicoot with coppers in the loop.

This was a really weird scenario. As I saw it I was at the back of the terracing, there was a minor scuffle (I think cos some folk went on the pitch at the equaliser?) as folk were ushered into the stand. about 3 mins later there was a load of cars/vans appeared at the other side of the ground. I could see them arrive and the place was swarming with polis.

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 11:24, jimmy boo said:

Reading this thread for the first time I was having a chuckle about the ticket kerfuffle then I realised I hadn't got mine yet! Of course some b*****d has bought my seat like the Broxburn game but I did get the one next to it. If some Motherwell fans choose to buy a ticket for the home end I really don't have a problem with it as long as they dont draw too much attention to themselves and get thrown out. My mate runs the Fuerteventura Motherwell supporters club ( i'm not kidding), so i'm hoping he'll be in mourning after the game.

Sounds amazing. I am getting in touch.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

55mph winds from ko time tomorrow - will this game start / finish ?

I saw that. Should make the game a great spectacle - not. 
Christ knows if a howling gale benefits either side. 
Probably brings Motherwell down to their level - just kidding Buddies. 
Chances are a least one goal will be down to the weather / misjudgement of defenders, although tbf we don’t need 50 mph winds for such misjudgements. 
Hopefully the toy stadium can stand up to the storm.... 

Might not if I was you. The legend is potentially bit fit to play. Seemingly he has ran 40k+ over the past three games.
Just the 40km? Is that all?
@thisgraeme sums up Allan Campbell perfectly - if they're doing press ups, Allan Campbell wants to be the best at doing press ups.

His work ethic and effort on the park is 2nd to none.

Most important game of the season for me. Our second most important was the last round against Broxburn.

Promotions and relegations come and go, I’ve seen more than one of both. League affairs doesn’t stoke my fire. Sometimes we are Premiership sometimes we are Championship. Both are fine.

The Cups are where the glory is for clubs like both of ours. We will never win the league but we can win the cup.

I hope we win it this year, so I really hope we win this game. If we don’t, I hope Motherwell go on to win it.

Been a while since they won a trophy, I’m sure their fans are feeling the itch. Particularly the generation that are too young to remember the glorious 91 side.

8 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

With the forecast of high winds think this might get called off. Hope not.

Never going to happened. Met office shows it will be dry for KO and these winds of 50-60 are gusts. The actual wind is around 25-30. 
It will make the game a bit of a lottery and play a part as the ball will probably struggle to stay still for corners and free kicks etc. 

What a lovely post from Lex. How everyone should be on P&B. Normally I would reciprocate but we could do with Celtic or Rangers winning so 4th place gets Europe. I feel sick just saying that because under normal circumstances they are the last 2 sides I would want to win the trophy. 

Looking forward to the day trip from Edi beginning shortly. I will try and stay less pished than the Dundee game. Given difference in KO time I should just about manage that. 

Close game but hopefully we will edge it. 

Had a look at local games today since we dont play until tomorrow and this looks the most appealing. If I do decide to head along, will tickets be on sale up till kick off? Apologies if this has been covered previously but not read the thread