St Mirren vs Motherwell

The_Craig

On 19/01/2020 at 20:57, Ralstonite said:

I'm not sure whether this rule has been changed, and admittedly the source is The Sun:

Rule 29.1 states: “For any match, excluding the semi-final match and the final match, to which admission is wholly or partly by ticket and/or by cash admission at the turnstiles, the away club shall have the right to claim admission for its supporters of up to 20 per cent of the spectator capacity of the registered ground at which the match is to be played.

Edit: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4819/scottish-cup-rules-for-18-19-fv-docx.pdf

Which, in an 8000 capacity stadium, would be 1600. Which is what they're getting.

Realistically most fans knew we'd be getting the away stand and that would be it. It just means a bit of a rush for tickets and some won't be able to get one but it's very rare for us to have games where that's the case and those that don't think they'll get a ticket will be having a wee moan whether it's on the number of tickets or the priority given to season ticket holders or Well Society members. 

Are the home stands all-ticket? I assume St. Mirren will be close to filling them and there certainly wouldn't have been a practical way of giving us a part of another stand even if there was likely to be space.

Looking forward to it and a wee train day out but on the downside, we rarely do well when we have a big support for games like this.

Considering how obliging we've been to St Mirren when they've rocked up to Fir Park with 10,000 away fans it's a bit shite of them not to return the favour.

There will be Motherwell fans all dotted throughout the ground.

I’ve already seen a few fellas on twitter talking about going in with home support.

There will be Motherwell fans all dotted throughout the ground.

I’ve already seen a few fellas on twitter talking about going in with home support.
Well they will get tossed out as soon as yous score just as utd fans were in the play off..

Motherwell, who have never come close to selling out the away end in the years we've been at the new stadium, now complaining the away section isn't big enough...

Consequence of giving the full West Bank to the home support. The end section was always the away overflow but is now the North Bank guys who sit there.

1 hour ago, Silvio said:

Motherwell, who have never come close to selling out the away end in the years we've been at the new stadium, now complaining the away section isn't big enough...

Consequence of giving the full West Bank to the home support. The end section was always the away overflow but is now the North Bank guys who sit there.

I think many, if not all well fans, myself included, think that we will sell out due to the fact we took 1350 to Dundee on a Saturday night in the middle of January in what was a televised game. This fixture seems to have everything going for it in;

Saturday, 3pm, not on the tele, Scottish cup last 16, team playing well, and it's usually a decent day out with a stop off in town for a few beers.

saying all that, I don't know what else St mirren or motherwell for that matter could do to give us an increased allocation, would require to much policing and pissing off your own fans to give us a section of the long stand opposite of the main, not enough demand to get the other stand behind the goals. 

2 hours ago, Silvio said:

Not true, we sold it out when you pumped us out the League Cup 3-0 midweek when Jim Gannon was manager! 

To be honest, I’m not sure what the fuss is about? St Mirren have given us what we’re due, the demanding of more tickets and slagging the empty seats in the home end is a complete red neck. Especially when our home crowds aren’t exactly much better. 

I’m sure if we got through and got Rangers/Celtic at home in the next round, the same folk would be up in arms at the suggestion of giving them an extra stand/more seats. 

Not true, we sold it out when you pumped us out the League Cup 3-0 midweek when Jim Gannon was manager! 
To be honest, I’m not sure what the fuss is about? St Mirren have given us what we’re due, the demanding of more tickets and slagging the empty seats in the home end is a complete red neck. Especially when our home crowds aren’t exactly much better. 
I’m sure if we got through and got Rangers/Celtic at home in the next round, the same folk would be up in arms at the suggestion of giving them an extra stand/more seats. 
At last, a Motherwell fan with their feet still on the ground.

I don't know what else St mirren or motherwell for that matter could do to give us an increased allocation, would require to much policing and pissing off your own fans to give us a section of the long stand opposite of the main

This. Up until 2 seasons ago the end of the West Stand (W6 and W7) was used as overspill but the North Bank and others are now STHs in these areas.
Tickets have already been on sale to STHs since Saturday and the deadline for securing your own seat is next Tuesday.
I'm pretty sure by this time most if not all STHs will have purchased their own seats and a fair few will have bought extra for the 'out of the woodwork' support.
Therefore there really is no scope for giving up extra sections to the away support.