St Mirren vs Motherwell

The_Craig

39 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Aye, first was definitely not and from my vantage behind Aarons in the east his cross /shot just spun up off the turf and wrong footed everyone.

Flapky's Cammy Bell impression for the fourth goal deserves high commendation.

3 keepers couldn't have saved the freakish 4th goal . 

Broken.....by St Mirren lolol

I wouldn't need paid, I'm honestly done with it all. All you ever get from supporting Motherwell is let down and disappointed. That was an absolute disgrace last night and there were NO positives to take from that whatsoever. No doubt some of our fans will look back at it in misty eyed awe because "it was a great spectacle" like they do with the 6-5 defeat to Aberdeen in 1999 but not me. To be 1-4 down at home to St.Mirren in a cup match is fucking shameful and should see heads rolling. The penalty shootout loss was inevitable and just summed us up, not just as a team but as a club - we are serial bottle merchants.
No doubt we'll win against St.Mirren next Tuesday in the lesser game but right now I don't give a f**k, I'm done with it. The Cups are all important for clubs like us and we blow it time and time again, year after year.

10 hours ago, MJC said:

I wouldn't need paid, I'm honestly done with it all. All you ever get from supporting Motherwell is let down and disappointed. That was an absolute disgrace last night and there were NO positives to take from that whatsoever. No doubt some of our fans will look back at it in misty eyed awe because "it was a great spectacle" like they do with the 6-5 defeat to Aberdeen in 1999 but not me. To be 1-4 down at home to St.Mirren in a cup match is fucking shameful and should see heads rolling. The penalty shootout loss was inevitable and just summed us up, not just as a team but as a club - we are serial bottle merchants.

No doubt we'll win against St.Mirren next Tuesday in the lesser game but right now I don't give a f**k, I'm done with it. The Cups are all important for clubs like us and we blow it time and time again, year after year.

GIRFUY

10 hours ago, MJC said:

With that sort of entitlement mentality, people would think that you were a Rangers fan. 

11 hours ago, MJC said:

Could this really happen?

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I thought there would have been a cracking crowd given the prices.

To be fair I thought there would have been a bigger home support. 900+ St Mirren fans is a decent effort on a sh1te Tuesday evening so they are exempt from criticism. 

In saying that I was half way along the m8 when I heard Gallacher was out and Bevis was in as was McIver.  I literally shrieked and it was a portent for things to come. if I did not have a few mates with me I would have turned back at Harthill - kidding of course. 

Well, with Aberdeens result that means the quarter final will be between St Mirren and Aberden. I wish the saints all the best in the competition however from  motherwell fans prospective it would be better for Aberdeen to win the next tie. This would leave 3/4 of the remaining teams belonging to the top 4, which would means it would be highly likely for 4th place to get a european spot.

Anyway  over the 2 ties it was actually hard to determine a winner but I believe we did not deserve it after that poor first half last night. 

One thing that I've not seen mentioned is the early challenge on Aarons that wiped him out and sent him flying across the track and off the wall in front of the disabled supporters' section. Somehow the ref decided that wasn't worth a yellow card. I know they talk about defenders sometimes being 'allowed one for free ' early on but that was ridiculous.

55 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

One thing that I've not seen mentioned is the early challenge on Aarons that wiped him out and sent him flying across the track and off the wall in front of the disabled supporters' section. Somehow the ref decided that wasn't worth a yellow card. I know they talk about defenders sometimes being 'allowed one for free ' early on but that was ridiculous.

That was quite an odd situation that pretty well happened about 20 yards from where I was sitting I think the reason there was no booking or even a talking to was that the defender never actually touched Aarons. No doubt it was a free-kick though because of the evasive action Aarons had to take just to not  get clattered. There was a similar challenge by a Motherwell player around the halfway line on the opposite touchline with a similar result.