St Mirren vs Motherwell

The_Craig

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

There was another one on the motherwell thread in the prem section, any c**t left there?😄

Ach I know man. Only left one game early (Malmo after the 7th) 😬 and I find it difficult to understand when folk do quite so early. Ten minutes to go 4-0 down fair enough, before half time? Nah not for me 

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Why does any reporter ever ask a winning manager who they want to get in the next round? When in the history of the world has any manager ever said anything but “we don’t care, we’re just happy to be in the next round.”

You've just summed up for me why I rarely watch a post match interview.

Shite same questions.

Shite same answers.

Shame I missed it

Edited by Gaz FFC

The defending was a joke in the first half. It rivalled the 5-1 Dundee game that got McGhee the boot. I’m usually all for giving players a chance but I don’t want Mugabi to play another minute. He is a bombscare.

We improved in the second half and the 4th goal was a great bounce as St Mirren shat the bed.

Watt and in particular Arrons were running on empty in extra time. The defeat on penalties was inevitable. I’ve never seen us win them.

f**k off.

19 minutes ago, MJC said:

Pathetic from us. We find ourselves 1-4 down at home in a Scottish Cup tie, get it back level then end up losing on penalties. That was a disaster of a night.

I honestly feel like chucking supporting Motherwell after that debacle tonight.

Haha what a dick

Here’s yi

https://rangers.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

20 minutes ago, MJC said:

Pathetic from us. We find ourselves 1-4 down at home in a Scottish Cup tie, get it back level then end up losing on penalties. That was a disaster of a night.

How was your view for the equaliser?

Some game, we had no right getting to penalties but what a shift from the team in the second half.

Boot in the baws to lose in that manner but always felt we had to win it in 90 while St Mirren were unable to regroup.

Thought Hylton would miss but fair play to him for having the balls to take one.

Just glad we don't need to lose to Celtic in the final again this year.

Scottish fitba is fucking brilliant.

29 minutes ago, MJC said:

Wait....

You support Motherwell?

What a terrific first half performance that was, only to have the most defensive and brutal second half performance. What a downgrade Hodson & Famewo are on McGinn & McLoughlin. Defending a lead is all well and good but only going near the opposition when they get to the 18 yard box is crazy. The set up in second half was atrocious. Jakubiak was our best player first half, tremendous player, taken off after 60 mins to be replaced by Morias who was nothing short of awful.
Got away with one tonight.

What a ridiculous game of football. I'm exhausted just from watching it.

Both teams were out on their feet and it looked as though a mistake might settle it in extra time but fortunately no-one has that on their conscience. Hladky and Gillespie both had one good save each but Hylton (and Donnelly) really didn't look convincing with the short run-up at the last penalty and it was no surprise when he missed.

That was exhausting. I’m burst.

Motherwell were shite in the 1st half and St Mirren we’re home and hosed. Big Obika ragdolled the Mugabe/Hartley shitshow.

2nd half and the roles were reversed. St Mirren were honking and Motherwell controlled the game, albeit with a rub of the green with the two cross-cum-shots.

Both sets of players were fucked come extra time and it showed. Although big Manzinga deserves a special mention at taking THREE attempts at clearing the ball from the Motherwell box.

Penalty shoot outs are a lottery but as mentioned, it’s been 25 years since Motherwell last won one.

Both teams deserved to lose for their respective shiteyness. Someone had to win.

St Mirren did.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

don't know how it went down and whether he managed to save any but saw it had gone to pens and immediately thought St Mirren would go through, given Hladky's previous.

He saved the first, nowhere near the other four

1 hour ago, MJC said:

No issues there

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Please do. In fact I would consider paying you to f**k off and never ever darken a Motherwell thread again. You are more depressing than that first half tonight. Let that fucking sink in ya walloper. 

Well done St Mirren. Played well 1st half as much as we defended like amateurs. Hartley is done at this level for us. Like the big guy but his time is up. Big Bevis is not much better. Neither should be near our team again. 

Still actually quite upbeat after the 2nd half. O’Hara was excellent and should start for us. Tony Watt was good also and took his goal well. He could have hid but fought hard and may well prove to be a decent addition. Also felt Tait played well so some positives to take from the game. Sore one for Caroll and likely to be out for a while. Another injury we could do without. 

Pretty awful penalties and as soon as I saw Hylton step forward I headed for the exit. Disappointed O’Hara did not take a penalty. 

I am actually not that fussed playing Aberdeen (or Killie) as we would probably lose on current form anyway and even if we get through will get one of the old firm most likely in a semi and it will be like Groundhog Day. If offered the choice I would take top 4 over a semi final. That said we need to up our game big time to stay in top 4 but I just feel that the game tonight might help rather than hinder in that regard.