St Mirren vs Motherwell

The_Craig

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Why does any reporter ever ask a winning manager who they want to get in the next round? When in the history of the world has any manager ever said anything but “we don’t care, we’re just happy to be in the next round.”

Jim should have said ‘I want Aberdeen so we can get it right up that kingjoey cnut fae’ P&B’. 😀

Jim should have said ‘I want Aberdeen so we can get it right up that kingjoey cnut fae’ P&B’. [emoji3]
Who do the Saints fans want?

I think if it was Thistle I'd rather take a shot at Killie (although clearly either team would molocate us).

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I think if it was Thistle I'd rather take a shot at Killie (although clearly either team would molocate us).

I genuinely don’t care. Aberdeen and Killie are both welcome visitors to our wee midden. Great away supports and not OF scum.

Edit: From a footballing perspective, don’t care either. Doesn’t matter who it is, they’re getting beat on penalties. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Don't care. The novelty of hospitality for a half 7 Saturday night kick off is drawing me back in when it looked like it would be cruelly snatched away. :D 

It’ll become one of those legendary games that we’ll talk about for years.... Were you there that time we were 4-1 up at half time and then won on penalties...?

Mental. That emotional rollercoaster, ecstasy, dejection, ecstasy, much more fun than drawing 0-0 and winning on penalties. Love it.

Aberdeen or Kilmarnock at home in the quarters then. We’ve beaten both of them in Paisley already this season so fancy us against either of them. One game away from Hampden...

Absolute gutter. 

Have no idea why St Mirren stopped playing in the second half, they were all over us in the first and we came out with zero centre halves. 

Still, great comeback from Well. O'Hara was brilliant, and still have no idea why Aarons didn't shoot when running through on goal late on. 

Some game all in, well worth £12. All the best to St. Mirren in the next round. 

5 minutes ago, Desp said:

Have no idea why St Mirren stopped playing in the second half.

It’s in our DNA. Never, ever, make things easy for yourself. If you’re 4-1 up and cruising, against 9 men in a cup final, sixty seconds away from advancing in Europe by beating some Swedish mob who go by the name of ‘The H Word’.... We cannot shake it. It’s ingrained into every fibre of our being. 😎

Edited by pozbaird

Pathetic from us. We find ourselves 1-4 down at home in a Scottish Cup tie, get it back level then end up losing on penalties. That was a disaster of a night.

I honestly feel like chucking supporting Motherwell after that debacle tonight.

So disappointed for Motherwell after their wonderful fightback tonight, the way that their 2 flukey miss-hit crosses and a horrible deflection that brought them back into the game just weren't enough to get them into the last 8 must be heartbreaking for their fans.

Titty tough, he?

Just now, MJC said:

Pathetic from us. We find ourselves 1-4 down at home in a Scottish Cup tie, get it back level then end up losing on penalties. That was a disaster of a night.

I honestly feel like chucking supporting Motherwell after that debacle tonight.

Fist