St Mirren vs Motherwell

The_Craig

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Absolutely cannot wait for St Mirren to stroll to a 2-0 win while half the 1600 Motherwell crowd get thrown out before kickoff either for scrapping each other over seat numbers or coughing in earshot of a steward.

Would it be unfair to call them the biggest jobsworths outside of Parkhead? 

I got in an argument with one the last time we were there for laughing when she was yowling "IT'S NO MA FAULT!" at some other Motherwell fans. Great times.

15 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Would it be unfair to call them the biggest jobsworths outside of Parkhead? 

I got in an argument with one the last time we were there for laughing when she was yowling "IT'S NO MA FAULT!" at some other Motherwell fans. Great times.

I think it's more that they stand out like big dayglo nazis at a time where stewarding has got noticeably more hands-off pretty much everywhere else - they are still in full 2000's-era angry jobsworth mode. 

The idea that you should pretty much leave supporters to it because there is a limit to what meaningful carnage they can actually cause in a physically separate stand seems pretty uncontroversial everywhere else now.

I have had to laugh given the Motherwell supporters' condescending attitude on here, which indicates they seem to think they're a much bigger club than St. Mirren.

https://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/avesco.htm

7 Motherwell FC 5.656 11 3,8% 8.822
8 St. Mirren FC 5.533 11 3,3% 7.332

According to the above link, Motherwell have averaged 123 more spectators this season! I have always categorised Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle, Dundee and St. Mirren together in terms of size...

Now consider the two clubs' fortunes this season.

Edit: I would also include Falkirk in the above category.

Edited by Ralstonite

I would always categorise us in with Killie and then the other mentioned teams in a level below but not by much. 
In fact I would class Dundee as bigger as they are when on the rare occasions they have performed well in the top flight, well recently anyway. 
Only those Well fans that cannot get tickets are kicking off in this fashion. Me I have mine so quite happy and accept that 1600 is a decent allocation.  
Bring it on. Should be a close game, but I hope our ability to score goals will edge the tie in our favour. 

You could probably put Falkirk and Dunfermline in that bracket too. If anything, a number of those teams (including St. Mirren) would probably get much higher attendances than we do if they were doing well, as Killie showed last season.

I don't see the chat as being condescending, there's just a bit of excitement at the prospect of a wee cup day out and a ticket scramble caused by the size of the stand we have been allocated (and normally would be). I'm sure St. Mirren would take more than 1600 if the game was at Fir Park, there just wouldn't be an issue with that.

It's also noticeable there are few St. Mirren supporter involved in the thread so the Motherwell chat can seem a bit overwhelming.

On 30/01/2020 at 08:10, Archie McSquackle said:
On 30/01/2020 at 01:24, YassinMoutaouakil said:
Absolutely cannot wait for St Mirren to stroll to a 2-0 win while half the 1600 Motherwell crowd get thrown out before kickoff either for scrapping each other over seat numbers or coughing in earshot of a steward.

And Chick Young will report it as a full-on riot.

The Ian Barclough Morton debacle was reported as being a riot in the Motherwell end at Cappielow. 

It happened about 6 yards in front of me and, if anything, there were a couple of raised voices. 

12 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

I have had to laugh given the Motherwell supporters' condescending attitude on here, which indicates they seem to think they're a much bigger club than St. Mirren.

According to the above link, Motherwell have averaged 123 more spectators this season! I have always categorised Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle, Dundee and St. Mirren together in terms of size...

This is one of St Mirren's best seasons in recent memory whereas we're probably punching at our weight right now. Makes sense there's a lot more excitement down Paisley way to inflate the crowd sizes.

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The Ian Barclough Morton debacle was reported as being a riot in the Motherwell end at Cappielow. 

It happened about 6 yards in front of me and, if anything, there were a couple of raised voices. 

I was in the same bit and it was one of the more surreal things I've seen - police everywhere,  Stewards challenging folk to a square go, flashing lights outside the ground as cops threw their coffee and doughnuts out the car window and rushed to give reinforcements for the big riot. And Morton won, a barney in the dressing room and Barraclough was sacked.

What. A. Night.

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

I was in the same bit and it was one of the more surreal things I've seen - police everywhere,  Stewards challenging folk to a square go, flashing lights outside the ground as cops threw their coffee and doughnuts out the car window and rushed to give reinforcements for the big riot. And Morton won, a barney in the dressing room and Barraclough was sacked.

What. A. Night.

The highlight was the army of "undercover" police officers running round the pitch to get themselves involved. 

13 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

I have had to laugh given the Motherwell supporters' condescending attitude on here

If you see a cross section of fans disappointed/annoyed that they will miss a bangin day out and trying to find a way to get involved, as condecending then that says more about how you view your club than it does us.

I haven't been able to get a ticket for reasons stated earlier, and if the home stands are full then absolutely fair fucks to St Mirren and their fans...I'm sure it will be a great night all-round.

But if I'm sitting at home trying to follow the game on Flashscores whilst there are any empty seats/sections after having been to almost every away game for years, theres absolutely nothing condecending about finding it annoying that I could have had one of them.

And to re-iterate, I have absolutely no issue with either ST holders or WS members getting first dibs, and no issue with St Mirren wanting the minimum amount of away fans in the ground as possible. But you have to appreciate that doesn't stop it being annoying if it ends up I miss a game that had potentially available places.

Edited by Al B

9 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I was there and was also listening to the radio coverage, when Chic started reporting on the ‘incident’ I thought he had got the wrong game, I had seen nothing, turned out it was less than 10 yards in front of me 

There was also the game at St. Mirren when the stewards and police decided to surround a large section of the stand containing younger supporters. Again Chick Young described it as a riot.
There were vanloads of police reinforcements arriving from Ibrox and everyone cordoned off got their details taken- all over a nothing incident.

Anyway, with Scott away, who's going to score against St. Mirren?

On 31/01/2020 at 11:54, Al B said:

But if I'm sitting at home trying to follow the game on Flashscores whilst there are any empty seats/sections after having been to almost every away game for years, there's absolutely nothing condescending about finding it annoying that I could have had one of them.

Just heard there are "well over 1,500" tickets available in the home end, and that doesn't include ST holders who have not yet purchased their seats... 

On 30/01/2020 at 22:11, Ralstonite said:

Taking into account that Mwell allow over 2000 more OF fans than we do plus the fact they probably attract more Hibs/Hearts fans due to there more central location St Mirren have by far a larger home support, we also skelp them with away crowds aswell....

TBH there home attendances are a bit of a rid neck considering how much they've been punching above there weight...

On 03/02/2020 at 13:54, Hammerheid said:

Taking into account that Mwell allow over 2000 more OF fans than we do plus the fact they probably attract more Hibs/Hearts fans due to there more central location St Mirren have by far a larger home support, we also skelp them with away crowds aswell....

TBH there home attendances are a bit of a rid neck considering how much they've been punching above there weight...

Aye, I'd agree with that. Motherwell have been more successful for a long, long time and still don't attract bigger crowds.

I'm cautiously optimistic we'll put them in their place on Saturday. Hopefully we'll get a morale-boosting win tomorrow night, and there's a good chance they'll get hammered by Celtic. With home advantage, and given recent form, I think we should get a result on Saturday. COYS.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I wouldn't belive anything the club's online ticketing site says, it's absolute dugshite.

I have no experience of it. Besides I'm reluctant to use my bank details on the interweb. As someone on there remarked I expect more tickets will be sold tonight, but poor show from St. Mirren. I overestimated our support I suppose.