St Mirren vs Motherwell

The_Craig

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Ticket scramble for Motherwell supporters? What's the capacity of that stand we get behind the goal? About 1500?

Are you not entitled to a certain percentage of the ground's capacity for Scottish Cup games?

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
12 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:
Are you not entitled to a certain percentage of the ground's capacity for Scottish Cup games?

I think it's 10% which is less than the stand we get so that rule doesn't help unfortunately.

I'm not sure whether this rule has been changed, and admittedly the source is The Sun:

Rule 29.1 states: “For any match, excluding the semi-final match and the final match, to which admission is wholly or partly by ticket and/or by cash admission at the turnstiles, the away club shall have the right to claim admission for its supporters of up to 20 per cent of the spectator capacity of the registered ground at which the match is to be played.

Edit: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4819/scottish-cup-rules-for-18-19-fv-docx.pdf

Edited by Ralstonite

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
18 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Cheers. Sounds like a ticket sale for us then.

Going by your support at Dens Park , I imagine you'll have no problem selling all your allocation. 

Should be a cracking atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Going by your support at Dens Park , I imagine you'll have no problem selling all your allocation. 

As someone in the know, I wonder if you can advise me whether it's practical to travel by train to St. James? I imagine it's very busy after games.

We generally carry a large away support for cup games, certainly more than for league games. There is a lot of supporters who come out for these games and treat it as a day out.

Motherwell requested additional tickets from St mirren which was turned down. Reduced to one per season ticket holder which won't last long so slim chances of a general sale. What sort of crowd do st mirren reckon they will pull, could they change there decision nearer the time to accommodate?

Hopefully both sides can do the sensible thing and get this changed to Fir Park? Allow everyone who wants to see the game to do so and ensures St Mirren get a bigger share of the Claret and Amber pound in a tie they're unlikely to win home or away. Everyone's a winner.