The Caley v Livingston. The Dave Bingham Derby

TheScarf

1 hour ago, RiG said:

As others have already said the midfield trio of Welsh, Carson and Trafford were excellent. Slightly disappointed in Storey and Walsh as, in the first half, we seemed to get real joy out of attacking Livi down the flanks, particularly the right side, and it was a shame we didn't try and take advantage of their apparent lack of midfield cover for the fullback.

Although Livi had more of the ball I think we had the better chances overall. Ridgers didn't have much to do until late in the game when Livi flashed a shot straight at him. Defensively I think we were pretty comfortable. Tremarco had a good game and Rooney started well but was less involved in the second half.

Good away support in both numbers and voice. Fair play to them and I see Douglas Ross still as effective a linesman as he is a politician.

Even with the mitigations of weather and a lame livi attack, I thought all of our defenders we're strong yesterday.

Fair play to McHattie and McKay, they have plugged a gaping gap.

Given his reputation and the recent  clamour to cap him, I was genuinely fearful of the prospect of what Lyndon Dykes would do, but truth be told, the two Mcs were as comfortable as they were committed.