The Caley v Livingston. The Dave Bingham Derby

TheScarf

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

Ross County on the Wednesday and ICT on the Saturday.... is it actually worth going home?

The fans or the players, or even both?

Would imagine we'll (the players)  go up the night before for the league game, and travel up and down the same day for the cup game. Or if we're really taking the cup game as serious as the league, travel up the night before to both of them.

Staying from Tues to Sat up there for both games would really be splurging out, but we've just been to la Manga on a winter training camp so who knows, we may just go all out billy big baws and have a short break up in the highlands.

Good one for the fans right enough, could prob persuade the other half to have a wee break up there and then announce how coincidental it is that Livi have 2 games up there for me to go to.:lol:

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

There is a risk that we will have to play our third choice, part-time keeper in this game. 

A repeat of his debut away to Crusaders with a last minute winner would be magnificent, and totally in-keeping with how madcap this season has been so far.

Hopefully a positive result in Dingwall on Wednesday to keep up momentum following today. Haven't been looking this forward to an away match since the play-offs.

If Inverness set up with two banks of 5 defending like Raith did we might struggle to break them down, but I doubt they will. They’ll want to test themselves for the playoffs and if they open up we should definitely have enough going forward to take advantage of their makeshift defence.

On 01/02/2020 at 18:19, EdinburghLivi said:

There is a risk that we will have to play our third choice, part-time keeper in this game. 

Big Maley is a legend, he's one of our own, he's one of our own...……….

After the Raith game I was a bit apprehensive about this game, but we've improved immensely since then and blown the winter break cobwebs away.

Can see this being a cagey affair though, Robertson is no mug, expect he'll set up to frustrate us same as Raith did, and we don't usually find it easy playing against teams that do that.

4 hours ago, AB de Villiers said:

Don’t think it’s possible to ‘set up to frustrate’ with a central defensive pairing of Brad McKay and Kevin McHattie. Livingston will get all the chances they want, we don’t have much hope here.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

We also aren’t a team who change the way we play depending on who we play against.

We will be play exactly the same as always and with our defence we will be on the end of a pumping.

Always wary when opposition fans come out with this sort of stuff, it usually is never as easy as they make out.

11 hours ago, Snafu said:

FFS we used to have a rivalry with this glorified pub outfit once upon a time and they would regularly pinch our best players like Steve Hislop and Liam Fox for wads of cash. 

Am I being whooshed here...?

5 minutes ago, Doran's Sporran said:
4 hours ago, RiG said:
Am I being whooshed here...?

I don't know about the wads of cash but I remember Barry Wilson and Davide Xausa leaving us for Livi too probably on Bosmans though.

Aye Wilson went on a Bosman I think whilst Xausa was going on one but Livi paid up for him. Don't recall them pinching Fox and Hislop.