Ayr United vs St Johnstone

D'Jaffo

As most Ayr fans have said, Muirhead ruined the game with his stupidity. You could see it coming a mile out - a straight red all day long and he was on a bloody booking already!

We made such a bright start as well. Great goal, and drinan played well throughout. Gillespie was good in the first half but struggled in the second. Forrest anonymous.

But in surprised doohan has avoided criticism. Made some great saves in the second half but the first goal is his fault for me. You can't give a good team help like that and ultimately we cost ourselves a chance to progress. The game was set-up well before the equaliser /red card.

All credit to saints. Looked really good at times but probably should have been more clinical.

Thought Ayr did reasonably well to stay in the game though.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

As most Ayr fans have said, Muirhead ruined the game with his stupidity. You could see it coming a mile out - a straight red all day long and he was on a bloody booking already!

We made such a bright start as well. Great goal, and drinan played well throughout. Gillespie was good in the first half but struggled in the second. Forrest anonymous.

But in surprised doohan has avoided criticism. Made some great saves in the second half but the first goal is his fault for me. You can't give a good team help like that and ultimately we cost ourselves a chance to progress. The game was set-up well before the equaliser /red card.

All credit to saints. Looked really good at times but probably should have been more clinical.

Thought Ayr did reasonably well to stay in the game though.

Yeah i agree with this. Doohan should've done better with the 1st goal. Forrest has been crap for ages and needs to be dropped. 

2 hours ago, Hursty said:

Agree with this.  Get him to f**k.  Goes in for that tackle to prove he is a 'hard man'.   Probably feels proud of it and will laugh about it in a few years.  Fucking idiot. 

Dearie me. There’s no doubt it was a stupid challenge but to want him to get to f**k based on it is wild. We literally have three senior centre backs. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Best atmosphere I've been in for years at a Saints game, last time I remember anything like it was the Semi at Ibrox.

Shame the noise from the opposite end of the ground was stolen by the wind (could see the drummer playing but couldnt hear a thing).

I hope we meet again at Somerset in a game that isnt ruined by the weather. Would be tremendous.

Next Season. Don’t you know pump it up, The Ayr are going up. 

Aye, from the highlights no doubt it was red.
Still think Doohan should do better at both goals given how high both crosses were.

It was up to 60mph winds at times, it is impossible for Doohan to judge the speed and flight of the ball as it can change in an instant and go straight in if he comes off his line. This is why neither keeper came off their line all game.

Anyone saying this is completely oblivious to what it’s like to play football in a storm.

The wind did help with Wotherspoons cross and Doohan was just caught flat footed. It happens.

Not sure about the second though. It looked a good header but it’s his near post and in that case I’m usually looking for the keeper to save it. Made up for it with a good save from the free kick though.

Daft tackle from Muirhead. I’m not going to demand he be burned at the stake but I’d give Roscoe a run now. Aero has upped his game recently but is always going to be prone to stuff like yesterday.

Harsh to blame your keeper for the first, or even the defender who nods it in, wind completely changes its direction mid flight and looks like its away to take it into the goal itself, keeper is already positioned where it should be going 

Second goal? Hendry seems to score them goals fairly regularly, two against Dundee last season spring straight to mind, gets a fair amount of power on them.

Red card is clearly a stonewaller.

Thought our penalty shout was hopeful at the time (still shouted for it though), and highlights back it up. Jones takes a poor touch then just drops.