Ayr United vs St Johnstone

D'Jaffo

Official Attendance count reads...

Ayr - 1549

St Johnstone - 1076

We fall just under 500 fans from outnumbering a home support at a ground over 2 hours drive from McDiarmid.

Well done my Saintee brothers 👏

26 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:
1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:
Losing team's fan in forum over reaction shocker. 

He's potentially cost the club thousands of pounds through his absolute stupidity

Agree with this.  Get him to f**k.  Goes in for that tackle to prove he is a 'hard man'.   Probably feels proud of it and will laugh about it in a few years.  Fucking idiot. 

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Will be interested to see it back. From the north it looked like he won it cleanly to me. The first one looked worse.

Fundamentally, a killie fan should not be reffing an Ayr game.

Are you for real...... A Killie fan ?

That knob goes out his way to be shitier than normal when he's refereeing us.

You have to wonder what Izzy Jones is thinking. One week in Scotland and hes got an 80s song getting sung about him as he runs about in 50mph wind and rain.

He’s gonna love it. [emoji23]

What were the words to the song in full? If anyone knows.

Don’t think the referee wronged Ayr at all today to be honest. If anything he very generously didn’t give us a penalty in the last few minutes. Certainly looked a foul on Jones from behind the goal. The red card was a crazy challenge, especially when he was on a booking. He started walking as soon as the referee blew the whistle. 

35 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:
1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:
Losing team's fan in forum over reaction shocker. 

He's potentially cost the club thousands of pounds through his absolute stupidity

Maybes aye, maybes naw. Its hardly a hanging matter, we go again as a team. There was chat earlier in the week praising his commitment. If Roscoe comes in and keeps his place then that'll be punishment enough for me. 

Hopefully we've got the playoffs to keep us focussed and motivated. 

Regardless, you get the impression St Johnstone would still have won today. Great away support today, fair play to them, I hope they go on and win it. 

Official Attendance count reads...
Ayr - 1549
St Johnstone - 1076
We fall just under 500 fans from outnumbering a home support at a ground over 2 hours drive from McDiarmid.
Well done my Saintee brothers [emoji122]
Ayr would probably have took about 1000 if the game had been in Perth to be fair.

Premiership teams love a visit to terracing though. The proper way to watch footy!

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You have to wonder what Izzy Jones is thinking. One week in Scotland and hes got an 80s song getting sung about him as he runs about in 50mph wind and rain.

And in a century-old 'living museum' stadium. Looked like he was enjoying himself in his brief cameo to me and I like the cut of his jib. 

That was a good day out. Many thanks to Ayr for hosting, although you could have ordered in few more steak pies and not fucked up my tickets. Still, nice folk. 

As for the game not a lot to say really. The sending off was absolutely correct and Ayr fans are right to be raging. Not sure it was a straight red but certainly a second yellow. 

I'm becoming less convinced by McCart. Something about him makes me think he's got a proper howler in him that may well cost us. Gordon back please. All the back line struggled for a while with the mad bounce of the ball in that wind but got there in the end. Drey Wright was more involved but seems to be missing a bit of quality and effort, doesn't seem to quite be playing the same game as some of the other guys. McCann imperious, Craig should be captain. Hendry should start. Kane should not be at this club (I don't care about the odd game where he plays acceptably, just no). Have to say we should really have closed that game down a lot better, but I'm thinking that with more normal weather we would have done.

Tough one to get through given the conditions, but home side made it easy TBH. Good luck to you and hope you make the playoffs.

So, who's taken the ball then?

9 minutes ago, ftk said:

Ayr would probably have took about 1000 if the game had been in Perth to be fair.

Premiership teams love a visit to terracing though. The proper way to watch footy!

Best atmosphere I've been in for years at a Saints game, last time I remember anything like it was the Semi at Ibrox.

Shame the noise from the opposite end of the ground was stolen by the wind (could see the drummer playing but couldnt hear a thing).

I hope we meet again at Somerset in a game that isnt ruined by the weather. Would be tremendous.

22 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Don’t think the referee wronged Ayr at all today to be honest. If anything he very generously didn’t give us a penalty in the last few minutes. Certainly looked a foul on Jones from behind the goal. The red card was a crazy challenge, especially when he was on a booking. He started walking as soon as the referee blew the whistle. 

Looked like a pen from side on, had a good view. No doubt he played for it but I probably should have been given. 

Glad the farmers enjoyed the big day out .seems too have been a bigger game for the saints than for ayr.quite disappointed with the home attendance thought we would have saw at least 2000 in the home end .maybe if we had got a bigger spl team like motherwell ,aberdeen,hearts or Hamilton lol we could have had more .Big muirhead fucked that for us today he really is just a big oaf. Silly silly boy