Ayr United vs St Johnstone

D'Jaffo

14 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Haven’t heard a word from Tam all day. I think he might have perished on the journey down.

RIP

Just in pal. Was in some pub called the ship, bit of shitehole but it was rocking. Good to see the young team dragging a beggar onto the train in Glasgow, bringing him to Ayr  :lol:

Can't complain too much, wasn't great after the red card but was a decent game before didn't raise our game and didn't look out of place against a mid table top flight team.

Good that Azza has a goal now, hopefully that sets him off for the run in. 

Thought we would have got Gillespie off with already being down, a man having a guy have an absolute stinker isn't helpful. 

Considering last year's cup exit I'll take it :lol:

Watching highlights confirmed what I initially thought at the game for the red card absolutely crazy tackle you could maybe forgive it if it was a goalscoring chance but in the opposition half is just stupid and s heads gone moment, if Roscoe comes in and does well Muirhead will be lucky to get back in the team.

Just in pal. Was in some pub called the ship, bit of shitehole but it was rocking. Good to see the young team dragging a beggar onto the train in Glasgow, bringing him to Ayr  [emoji38]

This doesn't seem like something anyone should be laughing at?

Seriously? It sounds like cuntish behaviour of the highest order to me.

This doesn't seem like something anyone should be laughing at?

Seriously? It sounds like cuntish behaviour of the highest order to me.

Exactly this.

Didn’t think it was a red at the game, unfortunately it is. We started the game very well, St Johnstone obviously started to play before their equaliser but we were still in it.

Gillespie, after his early assist, was horrific.

McCowan started well which was good to see but Forrest was anonymous.

15 hours ago, Hursty said:

Agree with this.  Get him to f**k.  Goes in for that tackle to prove he is a 'hard man'.   Probably feels proud of it and will laugh about it in a few years.  Fucking idiot. 

It was stupidity, it was rash, he did fully deserve to go and he is an idiot, however by the same token, how many fans would have lost the plot at him if he'd pulled out of the challenge ?

Ultimately he's done well recently but also has a "lunge" lurking in him which can always lead to disaster, but let's face it, he's not quite hit Barry Prenderville or Dave Rodgers status just yet.........

2 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Better than the BBC highlights.

Still doesn't confirm if Hendry got any kind of touch at all for the first.

Think the BBC highlights show he didnt, from what I remember of them.

If I was an Ayr supporter I would be raging at Muirhead. The tackle is bad but it’s a bit of desperation. He loses control and dives in to get it back. The worst bit for me is after he has been sent off. He swaggers off the park thinking he is a hard man seemingly without a thought that he may have left his team and team mates in the shit.

11 minutes ago, Bose said:

If I was an Ayr supporter I would be raging at Muirhead. The tackle is bad but it’s a bit of desperation. He loses control and dives in to get it back. The worst bit for me is after he has been sent off. He swaggers off the park thinking he is a hard man seemingly without a thought that he may have left his team and team mates in the shit.

That's all bluster, watch his face as he comes off.  He knows. 

I'm confident that the gaffer or the captain would make sure he knows exactly how costly that was.

For me is the fact he's on a booking already. That's what's insane about it. He had plenty of time to change his mind (because his touch was so shite).

The risk reward for that challenge is off the chart.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The wind did help with Wotherspoons cross and Doohan was just caught flat footed. It happens.

Not sure about the second though. It looked a good header but it’s his near post and in that case I’m usually looking for the keeper to save it. Made up for it with a good save from the free kick though.

Daft tackle from Muirhead. I’m not going to demand he be burned at the stake but I’d give Roscoe a run now. Aero has upped his game recently but is always going to be prone to stuff like yesterday.

Don’t think he was flat footed the ball completely changed direction. The 2nd goal was cross from right cracking powerful header  at back post so he got beat at back post. Sending off was straight red and you know Muirhead has that in his locker 

Don’t think he was flat footed the ball completely changed direction. The 2nd goal was cross from right cracking powerful header  at back post so he got beat at back post. Sending off was straight red and you know Muirhead has that in his locker 
After watching the first goal again I was being a bit harsh.

It's just as much Muirhead's fault as it is the keeper's.

It's a very difficult ball to deal with in those conditions but they both could've done better. Doohan isn't great at commanding his area generally so that was to be expected.

I really hope he's working on that last of his game because he won't make it at the next level up otherwise (or at least not good enough for celtic i reckon).

Enjoyed a day at the seaside.

Once Saints adapted to the conditions there was, for me, only one winner. The sending off, horrendous by Muirhead as the Ayr fans agree, came after our equaliser by which time we were on top. I thought Zander went down in stages for Ayr’s opener, the move leading to the goal involving some nice play. We created so many chances we could’ve scored seven, with Zander a spectator once we levelled and after the Muirhead red. Great day out. Impressed with club shop. Bit rude coming in to someone’s home and singing •••• yer Ayr, but I understand the throwback. Young team were great, no trouble that I could see. Stewarding companies have no clue how to control a crowd. You don’t alienate them with pettiness. At least speccy did give a wave and a laugh.

Enjoyed a day at the seaside.
Once Saints adapted to the conditions there was, for me, only one winner. The sending off, horrendous by Muirhead as the Ayr fans agree, came after our equaliser by which time we were on top. I thought Zander went down in stages for Ayr’s opener, the move leading to the goal involving some nice play. We created so many chances we could’ve scored seven, with Zander a spectator once we levelled and after the Muirhead red. Great day out. Impressed with club shop. Bit rude coming in to someone’s home and singing •••• yer Ayr, but I understand the throwback. Young team were great, no trouble that I could see. Stewarding companies have no clue how to control a crowd. You don’t alienate them with pettiness. At least speccy did give a wave and a laugh.

The stewards were actually ok at Somerset.