Ayr United vs St Johnstone

D'Jaffo

Has there been any confirmation about when a replay would be played in the event of a draw today. 

Well we play Motherwell on Wednesday, but are free the midweek after, so I’d assume then?

The pitch will be in great nick, will be entirely dependent how farcical the ref thinks the game will be. People focusing on the gusts strength but 25-30mph wind strength is playable. Will be raging if the Troon game goes ahead at 2pm and ours doesn't, especially as Troon is more exposed.

17 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

The pitch will be in great nick, will be entirely dependent how farcical the ref thinks the game will be. People focusing on the gusts strength but 25-30mph wind strength is playable. Will be raging if the Troon game goes ahead at 2pm and ours doesn't, especially as Troon is more exposed.

Working in Troon I can confirm it may be the windiest place on earth. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the game v Inverness last season got called off as Doohan couldn't reach the halfway line with his kicks. As it's a Southerly that shouldnt be a factor. Just trying to think positively! More likely scenario is the game starts but doesn't finish.

9 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the game v Inverness last season got called off as Doohan couldn't reach the halfway line with his kicks. As it's a Southerly that shouldnt be a factor. Just trying to think positively! More likely scenario is the game starts but doesn't finish.

I'm sure it was his penalty area rather than the halfway line.

The wind that night was gusting 80mph + at about 7pm so it really had to be called off.

The Arbroath game this season was also horrendous but nowhere near as bad as the Inverness call off.

Just stopped the John Deere in East Kilbride for a quick barley chaser. 

Wind speed moderate, nothing that would trouble the cab windows of a decent combine harvester. 

What's the pub of choice for the Ayrshire Young Farmers? 

I assume they'll be getting the first round in...... 

I'm sure it was his penalty area rather than the halfway line.
The wind that night was gusting 80mph + at about 7pm so it really had to be called off.
The Arbroath game this season was also horrendous but nowhere near as bad as the Inverness call off.

I never made the Arbroath game due to transport problems but was wondering how it would compare with today.

C'MON AYR GET INTAE THESE SHEEP SHAGGING TRACTOR b*****dS 

On a more serious note regarding the weather i wouldn't say it's as bad in Ayr atm as it's forecasting what it should be, at the end of the day though if goal kicks can't reach halfway line or go backwards then common sense has to prevale to avoid a farcical outcome to a game of football. 

Oh and also our lovely friend with connections to up the road Steven McLean is the referee today.

C'MON AYR GET INTAE THESE SHEEP SHAGGING TRACTOR b*****dS 
On a more serious note regarding the weather i wouldn't say it's as bad in Ayr atm as it's forecasting what it should be, at the end of the day though if goal kicks can't reach halfway line or go backwards then common sense has to prevale to avoid a farcical outcome to a game of football. 
Oh and also our lovely friend with connections to up the road Steven McLean is the referee today.
Bring on the farce and the bevvy I say.