Ayr United vs St Johnstone

D'Jaffo

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf hes in the media today talking about the game aswell.

He is our Captain and it's the eve of a Scottish Cup home match against higher league opposition, so I'd have been rather surprised if he HADN'T been in the media talking about the game...........

14 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Why would the club post such information? I really don't get it. 

I suspect quite a few fans are doing as some on here are already suggesting and holding off buying until they're certain the game is on.

Trying to encourage our fans to come out and get them to use the e-tickets, as much as it's been great when we have had bigger crowds with a high percentage of folk trying to pay at the ground there has been issues.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

I think it's a good idea as we're generally all asking the question of Robbo or someone else anyway, which means many of us are interested.

I honestly can't see what harm it could possibly do, other than making it more difficult to screw the inland revenue !!

In fairness I've still not bought my own ticket due to a combination of illness, potential weather issues and also losing my sign on information meaning I can't add it to my ST.  Should hopefully deal with it tomorrow morning though.

Briefs: Secured.

Somerset Park not a ground I've been to very often, probably only 5 or 6 times. Couple of games in our first season back down (second one a midweek evening with a late headed winner from Darren Dods), same the next season (Dougie Ramsey scored from about 40 yards in the last minute in about the only game I remember being at with thunder and lightning) then a cup replay in 2007 with another late winner (and a brilliant Ryan Stevenson goal) then a friendly under McInnes I think, where we had that trialist striker that spent ages here then didn't sign. Subotic? 

Looking forward to a proper throwback to first away games I remember going to at places like Brockville and Stark's Park. 

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

a friendly under McInnes I think, where we had that trialist striker that spent ages here then didn't sign. Subotic? 

5323037_450_450_73045_0_fit_0_f4ec6021e028d9d301f9ff93a00b0155.jpg.c98b073612f10a13182edaf740ba4494.jpg

Think that's him.

2011/12 season.

Tommy saying Liam's back, so 3 at the back is an option. 

I don't think he'll go with that though. 

I don't think Gordon's a shoe-in to come straight back in. McCart's been very good, although think it was him that gave away the late free kick at Aberdeen. Gordon is the better defender, but McCart has the experience of playinng against the players on the park. My faith in Zander went wobbly but restored midweek. Would have liked Muzz for this one. 

This seems like a game that Hendry could really influence off the bench. MOH a miss,  but it's a narrower pitch so might not suit his style as much. Would love to see Izzy debut, let's see how his non league experience stands up against a blood and thunder February cup tie between old rivals on muddy field in Ayrshire. In a hurricane. 

Clark

Ralston  Kerr  Gordon  Booth

Wright  Craig  McCann  Wotherspoon

Kane May

A 3-1 away victory for the arable farmers vs the livestock farmers, May, Wotherspoon and Hendry on the scoresheet. In that order. McCann with all 3 assists.

Ayr goal to be a penalty, player is brought down by Stevie's hair flapping about in the storm.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

8 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I assume Scott Tiffoney can play tomorrow? If he's not cup tied.

He hasnt played in the cup for Livingston so will be available.

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Trying to encourage our fans to come out and get them to use the e-tickets, as much as it's been great when we have had bigger crowds with a high percentage of folk trying to pay at the ground there has been issues.

With the number of home fans still to buy tickets I would suggest either buy online or get to shop before 12.30 , after that there is the potential to be standing in a queue outside ticket office , plenty of opportunities to purchase tickets before game , but the same folk will still moan they had to stand in a queue as they left it so late to buy tickets 

Briefs: Secured.

Somerset Park not a ground I've been to very often, probably only 5 or 6 times. Couple of games in our first season back down (second one a midweek evening with a late headed winner from Darren Dods), same the next season (Dougie Ramsey scored from about 40 yards in the last minute in about the only game I remember being at with thunder and lightning) then a cup replay in 2007 with another late winner (and a brilliant Ryan Stevenson goal) then a friendly under McInnes I think, where we had that trialist striker that spent ages here then didn't sign. Subotic? 

Looking forward to a proper throwback to first away games I remember going to at places like Brockville and Stark's Park. 

First time I went there was the other game in the promotion season. 2-2 draw where we got 2 late penalties, Don McVicar (I think) scored then missed to deny us both points.

Might have been Mark Treanor now I think about it.