Ayr United vs St Johnstone

D'Jaffo

Apologies cause I'm almost certain it has been covered but where is good for food, jars and watching football as now going to be down there for half 12 via train.

Get off at Prestwick Town, it’ll service all your needs. Then either back to the station & off at Newton on Ayr or jump in a cab for a couple of quid.

Apologies cause I'm almost certain it has been covered but where is good for food, jars and watching football as now going to be down there for half 12 via train.
Agree with above about Prestwick being the best bet, all the decent pubs/eateries within 5 mins of station (on main street) and easy to get to ground.

32 minutes ago, Super_J said:

I'm traveling from Glasgow so not sure if it is workable if you're coming from Perth etc. But I'm now gonna get the 11.18am now from central and also get in about half 12, changing at Killie. 

ETA - So aye guessing that's the one you'll land up on too.

Previous plan was the 12.13 from Glasgow Central and getting to Ayr 1.28pm changing at Killie. This as far as I can see is the last one that'll get folk there in time.

Assuming the wind doesn't f**k it for everyone.

Didnt realise the 12:13 changed at killie, just knew it wasnt a bus.

For those getting train from Perth, cheaper to buy ticket to Glasgow then Glasgow to Ayr.

2 hours ago, Ayr145 said:

Just seen the forecast and winds of 50 mph on sat 15:00 onwards. It wasn,t that windy the night the inverness game was cancelled, just saying

The gusts were around 70 - 80 mph when the game was eventually cancelled and it was most definitely the correct decision. We travelled down from North Ayrshire where it WAS about 40 - 50 mph and although hell of a windy it wouldn't have got the game cancelled, however when we got out the car at Ayr we knew immediately that the wind was much much stronger and weren't in the least bit surprised when we were turned away at the turnstiles.

The Arbroath game was 40-50mph and while it was a bit ridiculous at times, both teams coped admirably with the conditions.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

With loads still to buy #Perthshireboys

Wouldn’t wait to buy ticket at ground , queues could be lengthy, buy online now or call shop and pay over phone collect in shop ( 2 mins ) or possibly 20 mins in queue if fans don’t buy in advance 

Wouldn’t wait to buy ticket at ground , queues could be lengthy, buy online now or call shop and pay over phone collect in shop ( 2 mins ) or possibly 20 mins in queue if fans don’t buy in advance 

Agree, mental to not buy your ticket now when you can buy it online and print it at home. Hassle free stuff.

Amazing what the prospect of an anti-Kilmarnock love-in can do for two failing supports...

In all seriousness, this should be a cracker.  Hoping to see the home side victorious and through to the quarters at Rugby Park ;)