Ayr United vs St Johnstone

D'Jaffo

28 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I would double check the tickets you have if you buy online. My pal (haha, stopped reading here, dhoty) bought ours and he accidentally bought for the home end.

He’s from #perthshire so naturally very intelligent, so this must be some scam from Ayr to try and not get outnumbered by the blue and white juggernaut.

Be aware

28 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

If he would like to get the issue sorted , If he can call club shop on 01292-263435 ext 5 on any of the following days times Ayr will get them sorted for him 

Tue-10-5

Wed-10-5

Thu-10-7

Fri-10-4

Sat-9-12.30

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Thanks, he already has! 

‘Ayr United are a friendly bunch,’ were his exact words. 

With that reply it just  goes to show what you said about  him above   is totally true

”naturally very intelligent “

A  little known fact for you younger Ayr fans.  Back in the late 80's when the rivalry was at its peak, Saints fans sang the masterpiece

"We're blue we're white, we're fucking dynamite, we're super Saints, we're super Saints

They're black, they're white, they're absolutely shite, they're Ayr United, they're Ayr United."

repeat

Within a couple of seasons rangers fans started singing he's blue he's white etc about Ian Durrant and probably think of it as their song.  It's not and it never will be.

We've always been trailblazers in Scottish football.

You're welcome.

Edited by PauloPerth

A  little known fact for you younger Ayr fans.  Back in the late 80's when the rivalry was at its peak, Saints fans sang the masterpiece
"We're blue we're white, we're fucking dynamite, we're super Saints, we're super Saints
They're black, they're white, they're absolutely shite, they're Ayr United, they're Ayr United."
  repeat

Within a couple of seasons rangers fans started singing he's blue he's white etc about Ian Durrant and probably think of it as their song.  It's not and it never will be.

You're welcome.

My memory of those times is running up the road after the game by the bowling club because every other geezer had suddenly started running for some reason ! As a 15yr old it was awfy exciting.

This may be obvious to everyone else, but are season ticket holders with stand seats supposed to be able to purchase tickets for those seats for the cup tie online? If so, it's certainly not the most intuitive process!

If I login to the tickets site, it then asks me if I want to buy tickets for the St Johnstone tie. Click yes, and it then gives me an option to pick a seat. There are seats in green which are marked as "member seats" but it doesn't seem to recognise which one is mine and when I click on it it just pops up a dialog saying that "this seat is already reserved to another member". Is this supposed to work or do I just choose the path of least resistance and purchase another random stand seat? I am also trying to buy a ticket for my daughter (who is a child therefore does not have a credit card of her own) who is also a season ticket holder but I have no idea whether the system has any concept of linked accounts or if this requires multiple independent transactions. Or even a phone call.

57 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:
1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:
  repeat

You're welcome.

My memory of those times is running up the road after the game by the bowling club because every other geezer had suddenly started running for some reason ! As a 15yr old it was awfy exciting.

On one occasion I had the fortune to meet a resident there as me and my mate ran through her house, such was the shenanigans

8 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:
8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:
  repeat

You're welcome.

7 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

On one occasion I had the fortune to meet a resident there as me and my mate ran through her house, such was the shenanigans

That walk from Somerset back to the bus park seemed to be miles through the attention of a fair few unfriendly locals.  It was on a huge park of blades football pitches over a bridge if that rings a bell.

Probably not that far, but as a young teenager it felt like crossing no mans land on the Somme.

That walk from Somerset back to the bus park seemed to be miles through the attention of a fair few unfriendly locals.  It was on a huge park of blades football pitches over a bridge if that rings a bell.
Probably not that far, but as a young teenager it felt like crossing no mans land on the Somme.

10 minute walk. You must have been awfy scared [emoji23]

11 hours ago, rgreig said:

This may be obvious to everyone else, but are season ticket holders with stand seats supposed to be able to purchase tickets for those seats for the cup tie online? If so, it's certainly not the most intuitive process!

If I login to the tickets site, it then asks me if I want to buy tickets for the St Johnstone tie. Click yes, and it then gives me an option to pick a seat. There are seats in green which are marked as "member seats" but it doesn't seem to recognise which one is mine and when I click on it it just pops up a dialog saying that "this seat is already reserved to another member". Is this supposed to work or do I just choose the path of least resistance and purchase another random stand seat? I am also trying to buy a ticket for my daughter (who is a child therefore does not have a credit card of her own) who is also a season ticket holder but I have no idea whether the system has any concept of linked accounts or if this requires multiple independent transactions. Or even a phone call.

Contact the shop on 01292363435 as you are trying to buy ticket in the wrong screen , you need to sign into your account and the game is automatically added to your season ticket , it is a 2 minute process