Clyde V Celtic

Romeo

25 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Sitting in the Motherwell end on Wednesday? Plenty of seats dotted about. I’m sure even a couple of them applauded Eduard’s free kick that you could’ve blended in with.  

thought you were Magee. It’s hard to keep up with his usernames these days. 

Oh dear.

3 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Seems to be a real lack of discussion of the officials performance from that day. Lennon in the Record today talking about how they “didn’t turn up”. It is, without bias, the most one sided game in the history of football. 

If we do get at least a draw and the officials have something to do with it, it would be better than scudding them by three or four. 

You would rather scrape a draw than win? What a strange individual you are.

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Loving the Clyde fans optimism.

Must admit its refreshing rather than the standard PnB defence mechanism of predicting a humping, saying their not going and roll on the next game. Apparently its our games that are meaningless though? 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

You would rather scrape a draw than win? What a strange individual you are.

Must admit its refreshing rather than the standard PnB defence mechanism of predicting a humping, saying their not going and roll on the next game. Apparently its our games that are meaningless though? 

We've got to be optimistic, anything can happen in a cup match, as happened last time out.

I've got my fingers crossed that Odsonne Edouard is dropped/ injured/ suspended/ just no playing though! 🤞🏼🤞🏼 best player in Scotland by quite some distance.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

We've got to be optimistic, anything can happen in a cup match, as happened last time out.

I've got my fingers crossed that Odsonne Edouard is dropped/ injured/suspended/ just no playing? though! 🤞🏼🤞🏼 best player in Scotland by quite some distance.

Tbh I hope he's benched for this and the polish guy gets his first start. He's that important for us now that if we go a couple of goals up in games my immediate thought is get Edouard to f**k off as I am paranoid about him picking up a needless injury.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, the reason we won the last time was because the players really believed they could do it, if we go out on the park believing we are just there to make up the numbers we are beaten before we have even begun., hopefully the guys will go out with the right attitude then who knows what will happen.

With the all weather surface the only thing likely to result in a cancellation would be the wind making it farcical, not sure if there is a precedent for this?

Coincidentally enough I remember a midweek game at Broadwood between Clyde and Stirling Albion, only a few months after the stadium opened about 25 years ago where players were having to lie on the ground and hold the ball to allow team mates to take corner and goal kicks, so severe was the howling wind, game was played to a finish, 2-0 to Clyde. The original match had actually been abandoned after Stirling Albion goalkeeper Mark McGeown fallen and cracked his nut on the frozen surface a few weeks previously. 

17 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

With the all weather surface the only thing likely to result in a cancellation would be the wind making it farcical, not sure if there is a precedent for this?

Coincidentally enough I remember a midweek game at Broadwood between Clyde and Stirling Albion, only a few months after the stadium opened about 25 years ago where players were having to lie on the ground and hold the ball to allow team mates to take corner and goal kicks, so severe was the howling wind, game was played to a finish, 2-0 to Clyde. The original match had actually been abandoned after Stirling Albion goalkeeper Mark McGeown fallen and cracked his nut on the frozen surface a few weeks previously. 

I remember those games too. First game was abandoned after about 20 minutes if memory serves. Replay was just as farcical but for different reasons. Seem to remember Clyde scored a highly wind assisted first goal. 

Everyone is banging on about 2006 but I’m personally hoping for a repeat of the game in 2005 where Craig Bellamy offended a Clyde player by assuming he was his gardener when the guy’s day job was probably something else entirely.

17 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

If this game goes ahead it will be a farce. 

It's only a wee bit of wind/rain ffs. The way some folk are going on you'd think Hurricane Katrina had made a reappearance. 

*Edited to say*

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying...yes, I agree the game itself would probably be a farce. This is why it must go ahead! 

Edited by RutherGlen

Not heard many talk about the BSC match being called off due to the wind and they're playing in a much more exposed ground. Given their fixture list coming up its strange so many Celtic fans want this off today.

Shitebags [emoji6]