Clyde V Celtic

Romeo

Surprised and disappointed by how quickly this sold out. My folks live a 15min walk away so fancied combining the game with an obligatory Sunday dinner visit. Are the available seats at Broadwood not at maximum? 

If I were to sit in the home end I do know all the songs;  "The Clyde the Clyde the Bully wee Clyde" "We are the Famous Bully Wee, we hate the Jags and we hate Airdrie" and "Only one Charlie Nicholas". 

2 hours ago, maxruby said:

What a bizarre post.

How is it bizarre? Think someone said to me Broadwood is gubbed so they don't have 8,000 seats anymore. I was expecting a general sale but we never got beyond "5 away games this season" or something, criteria wise. 

I recall going to a Clyde v Dunfermline game with a Clyde supporting mate and they were charging £25 or something ridiculous like that for watching a 4-1 gubbing in a wind tunnel. 

How is it bizarre? Think someone said to me Broadwood is gubbed so they don't have 8,000 seats anymore. I was expecting a general sale but we never got beyond "5 away games this season" or something, criteria wise. 
I recall going to a Clyde v Dunfermline game with a Clyde supporting mate and they were charging £25 or something ridiculous like that for watching a 4-1 gubbing in a wind tunnel. 
All 8k seats will be in use and the Dunfermline game was from 2009 when the entry price was £12!

Dunfermline game was in the final few months before relegation from the 1st Division (Championship). Remember the game really well. Phinn had a great game, sun was shining & the 'Brown Must Go' chants were ringing around the stand in the 2nd half.

Admission i think was £17 (?) as we put the prices up by a couple of quid whilst we were still getting larger crowds before relegation. Definitely no more than that anyway!

Back to the game this weekend... i really hope we have the wind behind us so we're comfortably up 4 goals by half time!

Bring em' on!!!

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:
2 hours ago, The OP said:

All 8k seats will be in use and the Dunfermline game was from 2009 when the entry price was £12!

2007 mate. I'm sure it was a Robert the Bruce £20 note plus 5 coins. Seemed ridiculous. 

ETA - Maybe not 2007. In any event it was in my skint Cumbernauld days, I'm a baller now 

Edited by The OP

2 hours ago, The OP said:

Now that is bizarre. The place is in it's best nick for years. Perhaps ever.

7 hours ago, The OP said:

Surprised and disappointed by how quickly this sold out. My folks live a 15min walk away so fancied combining the game with an obligatory Sunday dinner visit. Are the available seats at Broadwood not at maximum? 

If I were to sit in the home end I do know all the songs;  "The Clyde the Clyde the Bully wee Clyde" "We are the Famous Bully Wee, we hate the Jags and we hate Airdrie" and "Only one Charlie Nicholas". 

Not really medically qualified, but I’d say your medication requires adjusting 

When do his “folks” have Sunday dinner? Before midday or after 16.00? A 15 min walk after a big wholesome mummy’s meal or a walk back to his irate father grumbling about the Yorkshire Puddings being flaccid? Mmm.

48 minutes ago, gannonball said:

‘highlights’ from last time we played. Totally forgot that Boruc had saved the penalty in that game, also take note of the ball boy celebrating then realises its been saved :lol: . Du Weis foul for it was an absolute pitiful attempt.

He was celebrating it being saved then remembered where he was. I was a ball boy at the time and the guy who organised us draughted in about 12 extra guys like him from the youth/ community teams who were all Celtic fans and put the regular ball boys in the corners out the road.

He ended up having zero ball boys the next home game😂

Seems to be a real lack of discussion of the officials performance from that day. Lennon in the Record today talking about how they “didn’t turn up”. It is, without bias, the most one sided game in the history of football. 

If we do get at least a draw and the officials have something to do with it, it would be better than scudding them by three or four. 

22 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Loving the Clyde fans optimism.

Sitting in the Motherwell end on Wednesday? Plenty of seats dotted about. I’m sure even a couple of them applauded Eduard’s free kick that you could’ve blended in with.  

thought you were Magee. It’s hard to keep up with his usernames these days. 

Edited by Karpaty Lviv