Clyde V Celtic

Romeo

12 minutes ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

My "Ticket" is basically an A4 sheet of paper with seat number etc on it and a bar code - anybody else have a "Ticket" like that ?

Phoned the club and they said it wont be any bother getting in on the day.

My tickets pretty basic but it is a ticket not an A4 sheet of paper.

Edited by C. Muir

53 minutes ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

My "Ticket" is basically an A4 sheet of paper with seat number etc on it and a bar code - anybody else have a "Ticket" like that ?

Phoned the club and they said it wont be any bother getting in on the day.

As long as the barcode is clear, it will be fine

If we lose by a small margin, we'll have done well. There's a real risk that with our defensive frailty, particularly down the sides, we could take a doing. Players like Frimpong and Forrest would melt McNiff, Cuddihy and pretty much anyone else we'd play out there. Edouard and Griffiths together could really show up Lang and Rumsby if they're in the mood.

All that said, Lennon and Moore have great combined experience of getting something from games like these. I think it's the fact we're a part time team now that makes me pessimistic. Strangers things have happened, mind you, and Celtic do have a busier calendar than us.

On 26/01/2020 at 12:09, RutherGlen said:

I hope we, as a club, reiterate the "no Celtic fans in the Clyde end" rule well in advance and at the game itself. A few posters at turnstiles perhaps just to remind everyone going in. That way, no one can have any complaints about being ejected and stewards can act swiftly knowing there will be no repurcusions. 

Every Clyde fan's duty to grass on any Celtic fans hiding among our support. I know we'll do a great job on that front.

On 26/01/2020 at 13:30, TamClyde said:

Stewards we have now are really really nice and always the same faces every week. I bet they won't hesitate in removing Celtic fans from the home end. 2-0 Clyde . f**k the jags.

Grown fucking men rubbing their hands in anticipation of stewards hopefully ejecting people from a game in a few weeks time, absolute fucking state of this.  😂😂😂😂

31 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Grown fucking men rubbing their hands in anticipation of stewards hopefully ejecting people from a game in a few weeks time, absolute fucking state of this.  😂😂😂😂

Perhaps too early to be discussing ejecting people before they have misbehaved.

But then again, it is your lot and they will misbehave, so it is never too early to think of ways to f**k you up.

38 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Not at all. If you lot stay out of the Clyde section, then there will be no issue. Are you suggesting Celtic fans should be allowed to sit in with the Clyde fans unchallenged?

3 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Not at all. If you lot stay out of the Clyde section, then there will be no issue. Are you suggesting Celtic fans should be allowed to sit in with the Clyde fans unchallenged?

If folk have bought tickets and they are not jumping in your face and wearing colours then they are perfectly entitled to watch the match they have paid for a ticket to see.

Agree if they are being aggressive and singing Celtic songs in the home section the stewards will have to step in but, openly anticipating this and rubbing your hands with glee weeks in advance at the prospect of people being chucked out is an absolute fucking minter, complete and utter red neck material. 

For a tie which, a few years ago provided Clyde with a famous result, probably their finest since the move to Cumbernauld, to see some fans taking this approach to it is as bewildering as it is embarrassing. 

42 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

If folk have bought tickets and they are not jumping in your face and wearing colours then they are perfectly entitled to watch the match they have paid for a ticket to see.

Agree if they are being aggressive and singing Celtic songs in the home section the stewards will have to step in but, openly anticipating this and rubbing your hands with glee weeks in advance at the prospect of people being chucked out is an absolute fucking minter, complete and utter red neck material. 

For a tie which, a few years ago provided Clyde with a famous result, probably their finest since the move to Cumbernauld, to see some fans taking this approach to it is as bewildering as it is embarrassing. 

Not sure whether you're just trying to get a reaction for the sake of it but i'll try and clarify my position once again.

No clue where you're getting the "rubbing my hands with glee" thing from. As it happens, I would of course rather Celtic fans stayed in their allocated sections of the ground (vast majority of the stadium) and we didn't have the need for anyone to be ejected. I am, however, fully anticipating this scenario given the fact this is exactly what happened when we beat you at Broadwood back in 2006. 

You seem to be of the opinion that it's fine for any Celtic fan to buy a ticket in the Clyde end providing they don't wear any club colours and/or refrain from belting out Celtic songs. I disagree. They may of course get away with it if they're sensible enough to keep quiet but that's not really the point. The Clyde section is deliberately small to allow Clyde fans (and perhaps the odd neutral) a space to go support our team without having to contend with opposition supporters.

Your club has been given the vast majority of the seats (and rightly so) but is it really too much to ask that the comparitively small section of seats reserved for the home team is respected? Perhaps you would rather Clyde fans were banned from the game and we just gave the entire stadium up for Celtic?

Edited by RutherGlen

33 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I disagree. If somebody identifies themselves as a Celtic supporter in the Clyde section, then out they go. If they remain indistinguishable from the Clyde support then they won't be ejected, of course.

3 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I disagree. If somebody identifies themselves as a Celtic supporter in the Clyde section, then out they go. If they remain indistinguishable from the Clyde support then they won't be ejected, of course.

*Edited to say* Agreed.😂

Edited by RutherGlen

1 minute ago, RutherGlen said:

Yes, but they're still p***ks either way.

Aye. If I suspected someone around me of infiltrating the home end, I'd soon flush them out...LOL if you know their history it's not hard, if you get what I mean. 

I cant see how its awryt for Celtic fans to be in the home end even if they dont wear colours and dont sing songs. It's the home end for a reason, same with the away end. Theres segregation at football for a reason.

Same goes if it was at Parkhead. You wouldnt think it was acceptable for a Clyde, Rangers, Hearts or Hibs fan to sit in your end regardless of what theyre wearing or if they sing. Dont know why you think the rules dont apply to Celtic.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

7 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I cant see how its awryt for Celtic fans to be in the home end even if they dont wear colours and dont sing songs. It's the home end for a reason, same with the away end. Theres segregation at football for a reason.

Same goes if it was at Parkhead. You wouldnt think it was acceptable for a Clyde, Rangers, Hearts or Hibs fan to sit in your end regardless of what theyre wearing or if they sing. Dont know why you think the rules dont apply to Celtic.

Rules? Celtic? When did this start?