Friday Night Delight - Pars vs Dundee (24th Jan)

Let's agree to a draw that gets both our managers the sack? 
We'll never sack McPake but a point gained and Crawford to go must be tempting?
Might be in the minority but I'd be pretty happy with a point.

24 minutes ago, srw said:

Are we both now in the position that a defeat, and the manager going is in both clubs best interests?

Crawford will not be sacked this season. We will probably trundle over the line, finish 8th and then the board will review it then. 

6 minutes ago, King_Kozma said:

Would take 8th place now if it means Crawford is punted at the end of the season.

I said before a ball was kicked I'd bite your hand off for 8th place. 

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

You give United too much credit. They've been shite for years, despite having a big budget.

I don't think I have. Before a ball was kicked I said they'd win it comfortably as they'd been throwing money at building a squad capable of it and clearly only needed a couple of aqcuasitions to see them over the line. This is evident. 

I've also said all along that they are still a poor side and will need a massive rebuild to be anythi g other than relegation fodder next season. This too, is evident. 

25 minutes ago, Dele said:

I don't think I have. Before a ball was kicked I said they'd win it comfortably as they'd been throwing money at building a squad capable of it and clearly only needed a couple of aqcuasitions to see them over the line. This is evident. 

I've also said all along that they are still a poor side and will need a massive rebuild to be anythi g other than relegation fodder next season. This too, is evident. 

That explains why United will finish above Dundee but not why Dundee have made such a poor job against everyone else. I'd doubt many teams in this league, outside of United, wouldn't swap squads with you guys.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That explains why United will finish above Dundee but not why Dundee have made such a poor job against everyone else. 

Which is why he should be doing much better but not 'at least challenging United'. 

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Which is why he should be doing much better but not 'at least challenging United'. 

You've only played them three times tbf, should have been able to maintain some semblance of a challenge with the squad available and the complete lack of quality across the rest of the division.

I think we're both in similar situations though, with young managers that look out of their depth.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think we're both in similar situations though, with young managers that look out of their depth.

That both boards seem to want to back to the hilt, regardless of the obvious and current issues that are occurring.

12 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That both boards seem to want to back to the hilt, regardless of the obvious and current issues that are occurring.

I'm not sure our board actually has faith in Crawford tbh. I feel it's more likely they don't want to become a club that sacks their manager every year and also don't want to admit they got it wrong - again.

If they genuinely rate him then I don't know what to say really. The results themselves should be enough to shake hands and part ways, without going into the lack of improvement of players, total lack of anything resembling a Plan B and inability to put together a competent defence.

23 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Absolutely. Our clubs problem (McIntyre aside) is that any squad build we need to go through we seem to just sign a litany of midfielders and end up with a horrendously unbalanced squad. Hartley. McCann. Now McPake. 

Hence McGowan being our sort of make shift right winger. He doesn't play on the wing but he's the furthest out that side. It's crazy but here we are.