Friday Night Delight - Pars vs Dundee (24th Jan)

Just now, Dele said:

Again, you can blame him for starting a player not ready for this. I'm not saying he can't be blamed for any of this. What he can't be blamed for is that utterly laughable attempt at controlling a football. 

If he isn't ready to control a simple fucking bouncing ball then there is a hell of a lot more folk to blame than McPake. He is sixteen years old professional footballer and failed to control a ball, twice, with nobody near pressurising him. 

If he isn't good enough to do that, get him to f**k out the club. 

He's 16, it's fair to say he'll be nervous. Cameron was at fault for the goal, but he's not ready for the occasion. Anybody that even remotely thought the poor lad was ready for a game like this is getting the finger pointed squarely at them, with McPake being easily the most culpable. Lyall shouldn't have to be up against full-time professionals at this stage.

I've tried to give McPake every break possible, and regardless how he eventually leaves I will still have a respect and like for him for his commitment to the club, but he. needs. to. fucking. go. now.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

What's happened to him? Was he not highly thought of at Falkirk? 

Had a bad (knee?) injury after he left Falkirk. Wound up at Morton and was pretty shite by all accounts. 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He's 16, it's fair to say he'll be nervous. 

This is a cop out, IMO. Nerves shouldn't be stopping you being able to do the fundamental basics in the 30th minute of the game. 

If he's still shitting himself by then, playing in a stadium with 20 folk in it, I expect football won't be for him in the long run. 

Teams must love playing us - the most predictable team in the league.

Slow, slow, slow.

No width.

One up front.

Teams just close us down and we eventually lump it up for the opposition to eat up.

Full backs aired the only width bit keep turning back instead of taking the man on.

As for starting with Cameron - that is an absolutely crazy decision.

Just now, Dele said:

This is a cop out, IMO. Nerves shouldn't be stopping you being able to do the fundamental basics in the 30th minute of the game. 

If he's still shitting himself by then, playing in a stadium with 20 folk in it, I expect football won't be for him in the long run. 

I'm glad this is a bigger issue for you than the fact that he is starting in the first place, or the plethora of other problems that are more important to me right now than the development of Lyall Cameron.

We do this quite a lot. Bring Johnson on abandoning the formation that's not working but been worked on all week. To another formation that won't work that evidently hasn't even been worked on.

Although in all honesty he was never the same after missing a significant amount of time after doing his knee at Ibrox.

Such a shame, he was a giant for us until then.

Had a bad (knee?) injury after he left Falkirk. Wound up at Morton and was pretty shite by all accounts.