Friday Night Delight - Pars vs Dundee (24th Jan)

14 minutes ago, The Master said:

Still in a pub now. If you’ve never been to the Art Bar you’ve never lived. 

Went there on my work's Christmas night out, was decent like. Was no fucking room when I went though, think I was sharing a bench with like 4 other people.

1 hour ago, Muggy said:

The scary thing about this is that Dunfermline will still be fighting to avoid the drop. If we don’t sack McPake we will be too.

How are we still in a play-off spot? This league is horrific.

What's even more frightening is that you are one point ahead of us and are pretty much the same size club with a hideous wage bill. When will you get it?

9 hours ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I’m incredibly proud of the team tonight. We were up against the best striker in the league tonight, and i feared the worst. Think I’ll have a Tennents. Cheers

Type Shankland into something called YouTube. 

Nisbet's goal was what the departed King's been doing for 2 and a half seasons and Shankland can also finish with his left foot, (see the strength of Nisbet's left foot on the 2 on 1 break in the 2nd half). 

Undoubtedly talented but nowhere near Shankland or a fully fit and firing Dobbie. 

Type Shankland into something called YouTube. 

Nisbet's goal was what the departed King's been doing for 2 and a half seasons and Shankland can also finish with his left foot, (see the strength of Nisbet's left foot on the 2 on 1 break in the 2nd half). 

Undoubtedly talented but nowhere near Shankland or a fully fit and firing Dobbie. 

Nisbet has followed a similar career to shankland, promising youngster, eventually dropped from premiership club when not doing it the first team/on loan and no longer able to get away with a poor work rate. Signs for league 1 club,screws the nut and become a goalscoring machine.

He’s a season behind on that journey but he scored more than shankland in league 1 and is on track to score as many if not more than shankland got for Ayr in his first season in the championship, playing in a worse team.

Given that shankland is playing with far better players and playing for the dominant side in the division yet Nisbet is not far behind him it’s very difficult to separate them. Their careers will be interesting to follow.

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Nisbet has followed a similar career to shankland, promising youngster, eventually dropped from premiership club when not doing it the first team/on loan and no longer able to get away with a poor work rate. Signs for league 1 club,screws the nut and become a goalscoring machine.

He’s a season behind on that journey but he scored more than shankland in league 1 and is on track to score as many if not more than shankland got for Ayr in his first season in the championship, playing in a worse team.

Given that shankland is playing with far better players and playing for the dominant side in the division yet Nisbet is not far behind him it’s very difficult to separate them. Their careers will be interesting to follow.

Couldn't disagree with a lot of what you've said but for me Nisbet looks still to be very raw. Definitely needs to work on his left foot and overall composure as well. I haven't seen enough but he doesn't look the best in the air either, does he score many headers? 

Shankland or Dobbie (fit and firing) would've had 2 or 3 goals last night. 

From when I saw him a few weeks ago against us, he definitely looked better last night with another striker alongside him. 

He's young, talented and Scottish. For an improvement in the overall standard and exposure of the league I hope he really kicks on, just not against us. 👍

15 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Couldn't disagree with a lot of what you've said but for me Nisbet looks still to be very raw. Definitely needs to work on his left foot and overall composure as well. I haven't seen enough but he doesn't look the best in the air either, does he score many headers? 

Shankland or Dobbie (fit and firing) would've had 2 or 3 goals last night. 

From when I saw him a few weeks ago against us, he definitely looked better last night with another striker alongside him. 

He's young, talented and Scottish. For an improvement in the overall standard and exposure of the league I hope he really kicks on, just not against us. 👍

Scores some headers, mostly from open space rather than winning the battle with the defender.

nisbet did miss some chances last night and it’s easy to say he should have scored but few strikers score the majority of them. He’s not a penalty box poacher who gets 1 chance and scores but more someone who gets himself in good areas a few times a game and takes one for them. 

31 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Few strikers score the majority of them. He’s not a penalty box poacher who gets 1 chance and scores but more someone who gets himself in good areas a few times a game and takes one for them. 

If he wants to keep progressing and playing at a high level, that'll have to change. 

Shankland against Hibs last week is a prime example of a striker doing not a great deal, gets a chance, goal. 

It might come for Nisbet what level do you think he'll ultimately reach? 

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

If he wants to keep progressing and playing at a high level, that'll have to change. 

Shankland against Hibs last week is a prime example of a striker doing not a great deal, gets a chance, goal. 

It might come for Nisbet what level do you think he'll ultimately reach? 

Plenty of top strikers are of the category of needing more than 1 chance but being good enough to create enough chances, especially now we’re in an era where your classic penalty box striker is becoming rarer with managers wanting more from their strikers.

its hard to say exactly where he’ll end up, his next move should be to top 6 premiership .  He’ll need to prove himself at that level before going further.  Same with shankland(who might be able to stay at united for that).  

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

He's not as good as prime Dobbie but it's becoming pretty evident that's gone now, he's the second best striker behind Shankland. 

What's even more frightening is that you are one point ahead of us and are pretty much the same size club with a hideous wage bill. When will you get it?

When will I get that we’re absolutely terrible? I think if you read my posts you’ll see that I ‘get it’. I’m still convinced we’ll finish above Dunfermline though.

7 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

michael jordan lol GIF

Probably about the same time you 'get it' ', tbh. 

He's not as good as prime Dobbie but it's becoming pretty evident that's gone now, he's the second best striker behind Shankland. 
Dobbie's still sharp. Lack of service/being played as a lone striker is why his goal tally is so low this season. Given our awful transfer window I doubt it'll suddenly shoot up either sadly.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dobbie's still sharp. Lack of service/being played as a lone striker is why his goal tally is so low this season. Given our awful transfer window I doubt it'll suddenly shoot up either sadly.

I'm not saying he's bad, not even close. But you can't argue with the goal records, since scoring against Partick last year on the 26th of January he's scored 8 goals in the championship. Nisbet has scored 11 since the 30th of November. Fantastic record with many of those coming as a lone striker.