Friday Night Delight - Pars vs Dundee (24th Jan)

Even acknowledging Dundee are piss poor that was by far out our best performance in months. 2 good goals and conceded very little chances.

Martin was a miss and hopefully not out for long, Murray filled in ok but it’s clearly not his best position

McPake looked quite agitated throughout the game. He looked like a manager terrified that he was about to lose his job

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Even acknowledging Dundee are piss poor that was by far out our best performance in months. 2 good goals and conceded very little chances.

Martin was a miss and hopefully not out for long, Murray filled in ok but it’s clearly not his best position

McPake looked quite agitated throughout the game. He looked like a manager terrified that he was about to lose his job

Don't take anything positive from that performance. We've barely created a chance since we put 4 past you. Not scored in 310 minutes.

Dundee were fucking pathetic. The players maybe weren’t trying to get McPake sacked but they certainly didn’t do anything to save him.

That period towards the end where we kept winning corners and throw-ins must have run at least 5-6 minutes off the clock. Was expecting to see Paton take a knee at some point.

I need a gif of the Dom Thomas turns in the second half. Wedderburn-esque.

A good result but its almost as if the shine was just taken off it by how pish Dundee were. I cant really take much from that game, I don't know if we have improved or not.  

Also if Nisbet stays during this window he is 100% away in the summer, promotion or not. Its as if we're watching someone else's player, just keeping him warm. 

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Silly statement alert

I think hes a better all round player than Shankland.

He is a good player man. I'd be surprised if he isn't playing in the Premiership very soon. He takes a touch and he already knows what's around and what players to lay it off top. A smart player.

I'm going to enjoy Nisbet for the time we have him. He'll not be here next season. Someone from the Premiership will come up with the money.

Anyway, that was definitely our best performance for quite some time, even if Dundee were hopeless.

Can't fault a single player, apart from maybe McGill, who did nothing really of note. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I though Devine was fantastic tonight. Going forward, I think keeping that formation, but replacing McGill with Ross will work best. Time to go on a 5 win streak now. 

1 hour ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I’m incredibly proud of the team tonight. We were up against the best striker and midfield in the league tonight, and i feared the worst. Think I’ll have a Tennents. Cheers

That'll be Nisbet you're thinking of there. 

Also if Nisbet stays during this window he is 100% away in the summer, promotion or not. Its as if we're watching someone else's player, just keeping him warm. 

Nisbet is not playing championship football next year(unless you get hearts coming down and spending big) he’s way too good and it’s almost embarrassing seeing how far behind the other 21 players are most weeks.

Jack Hamilton pulled off 2 good saves tonight as well to stop it from being quite embarrassing. Would it have took that for McPake to get the bullet, or are we all in agreement that he'll be punted quite soon?

Ha. Ryan Dow again. Every time he gives it to Dundee fans, Dunfermline bottle it.

Oft.

Would be nice for him to get his first win against us then

Oft.

Have to be pleased with that. A much needed and, in the end, well deserved three points.

Let's gloss over the opening half an hour - we were more threatening in that time frame last time out at Morton - but, once we scored, we controlled the game. Dundee had plenty of the ball first half but did absolutely nothing with it, and even when they had a wee period of pressure second half, I wasn't concerned overly that they'd come back into it.

Can't fault any of the team tonight but I was especially pleased with the defensive performance. They won headers, won their tackles and made sure that Cammy Gill was well protected. The shape of the team was good and they were very organised.

Going forward, I thought Dom Thomas was excellent and has a good turn of pace and delivery. Certainly not shy in looking to take the ball and try to create, which is pleasing, and Ryan Dow again showed how key a player he is from us. Marshall at the back stick is caught out but take nothing away from the delivery and the header. Dow's desire to meet that ball was great to see.

As for Kevin Nisbet, he was my man of the match tonight. Not just for his goal, which was superbly taken and looked in as soon as it left his boot, but his all-round play was very good. Was unfortunate not to score more than one as well, and at least he's under contract beyond this season. Also a shout out for Gabby McGill, who I thought had a decent game up there with him.

Dundee were much poorer than in either of the previous two matches we've played them. Indeed, if it wasn't for the much maligned Jack Hamilton, they could have been looking at a heftier defeat. Which wouldn't have flattered us.

Big result but we need to make sure we're picking up something at Queens next week now too.

This league is utter dog shite. Felt that Ethan Ross was the wrong change. Would have preferred to see McCann on or Thomson earlier. Devine was actually okay today which probably says more about Dundees strike force than his defensive prowess. I was worried Dundee would control the midfield but we did well today good professional performance to kick start our 5 match winning streak.

The parstv have the goals up on Facebook and the commentator is telling folk how the Rangers scouts are creaming themselves after Nesbit scores. You don't get that level of intimacy with Chick Chico Young.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That period towards the end where we kept winning corners and throw-ins must have run at least 5-6 minutes off the clock. 

I fucked off to the pub at half time, managed to convince the local that Dunfermline v Dundee was what the Wiltshite locals really wanted to see. 

Commented to my mate that I'm not a massive fan of taking the ball to the corner, he liked it and lo and behold it wasted about 4 minutes. 

On the game that first half hour was absolutely rancid, we were about as good as you'd expect a playoff challenging team to be after we'd scored though tbh, people always come away from televised games saying teams are shite, it's probably because the level of football is pretty shite. Solid defensively and enough goalscoring chances, happy.