Friday Night Delight - Pars vs Dundee (24th Jan)

24 minutes ago, Dele said:

Absolutely. Our clubs problem (McIntyre aside) is that any squad build we need to go through we seem to just sign a litany of midfielders and end up with a horrendously unbalanced squad. Hartley. McCann. Now McPake. 

Hence McGowan being our sort of make shift right winger. He doesn't play on the wing but he's the furthest out that side. It's crazy but here we are. 

Ah, the class "side midfielder". We used to have that and it drove my brother up the wall that we didn't have a proper winger.

If there's one thing the Pars love it's Joe Cardle a winger.

22 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It's a bit like AJ era. We have five or six centre halfs and cant find a working combination.
Bit unlucky with being stuck with Devine and the murray injury.

With Devine, it's not bad luck. We all knew he wasn't up to the standard last season but he was retained in the summer anyway. Should have been allowed to find a new club.

21 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Really hope we have a goalkeeper in for this. It’s just not as fun laughing at Hamilton when you know scully is likely to repay any favours he does us

21 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Really hope we have a goalkeeper in for this. It’s just not as fun laughing at Scully when you know Hamilton is likely to repay any favours he does us

Seen what you did there.

2 hours ago, Dele said:

I don't think I have. Before a ball was kicked I said they'd win it comfortably as they'd been throwing money at building a squad capable of it and clearly only needed a couple of aqcuasitions to see them over the line. This is evident. 

I've also said all along that they are still a poor side and will need a massive rebuild to be anythi g other than relegation fodder next season. This too, is evident. 

Massive rebuild, no. A poor side, not really. But agree with the rest. But hey, we’ve shown you how to do it, all you need now is to follow suit.

9 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Massive rebuild, no. A poor side, not really. But agree with the rest. But hey, we’ve shown you how to do it, all you need now is to follow suit.

United have spent a huge amount to go up.......best hope you stay up and not worry about any other team.

Absolutely. Our clubs problem (McIntyre aside) is that any squad build we need to go through we seem to just sign a litany of midfielders and end up with a horrendously unbalanced squad. Hartley. McCann. Now McPake. 
Hence McGowan being our sort of make shift right winger. He doesn't play on the wing but he's the furthest out that side. It's crazy but here we are. 

I seem to recall Hartley (towards the end) constantly playing 5 central midfielders in midfield. McPake is almost starting to do the same thing.

10 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I seem to recall Hartley (towards the end) constantly playing 5 central midfielders in midfield. McPake is almost starting to do the same thing.

I don't even know what Crawford is trying with the midfield now tbh. 

2 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Massive rebuild, no. A poor side, not really. 

Seriously, yes. 

You were completely outplayed yesterday by a team 6th the league above, whilst playing in second gear. 

This isn't a Dundee rivalry thing, it's just the truth. Don't let the fact that you've walked away with the league cloud your judgement - some of us seen it coming before a ball was kicked. 

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Seriously, yes. 

You were completely outplayed yesterday by a team 6th the league above, whilst playing in second gear. 

This isn't a Dundee rivalry thing, it's just the truth. Don't let the fact that you've walked away with the league cloud your judgement - some of us seen it coming before a ball was kicked. 

How about not telling them? It'll be funnier if they continue to believe.

Horrendous that I’ve got to this stage but I’d take a humping to get rid of McPake. I’m uncomfortable in saying that because I don’t like to see people out of a job, but from a selfish fan point of view he really needs to go.

Dunfermline 4-1 Dundee

10 minutes ago, Muggy said:

Horrendous that I’ve got to this stage but I’d take a humping to get rid of McPake. I’m uncomfortable in saying that because I don’t like to see people out of a job, but from a selfish fan point of view he really needs to go.

Dunfermline 4-1 Dundee

I'll take it.

I do think it'll be a fucking shocking game of football though, likely 1-1 or 0-1.

We could lose 0-5 and Crawford would probably get a new deal.