Aberdeen vs Motherwell - 22nd January

20 hours ago, capt_oats said:

As everyone's said there were more than enough question marks after watching our defence last night for us to be worried about a pumping here.

Hopefully Hartley has got whatever the f**k was going on last night out his system. I'd imagine Grimshaw will be back in for Tait and Donnelly for O'Hara.

Robinson's liked to switch it up against McInnes in the past (the 44(Diamond)2 up at Pittodrie when Moult scored twice springs to mind) so the 352 shout doesn't sound that far fetched especially if Hylton's a doubt.

Would gladly take a draw right now tbh.

I'd say the diamond you mentioned isn't out of the realms of possibility as well as a 3 at the back.

Looking at Hylton struggling with illness, Seedorf's lack of impact on Saturday night and the fact Robinson seems intent in giving O'Hara a run of games, it doesn't seem that unrealistic that we could play Donnelly behind Polworth, Campbell and O'Hara. 

45 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

For what it's worth, the league meeting between the two sides before the split, is also a midweek fixture however this time at fir park obviously.

Friday is not what I'd call midweek. I'm in Amsterdam that weekend to see the Happy Mondays at The Paradise and the chances of persuading my mates to find a pub showing the game is zero. A jambo and an East Fife/Groningen fan.

Edit: to be fair, I'm pretty sure I will have better things to do.

Edited by Suspect Device

I'd say the diamond you mentioned isn't out of the realms of possibility as well as a 3 at the back.
Looking at Hylton struggling with illness, Seedorf's lack of impact on Saturday night and the fact Robinson seems intent in giving O'Hara a run of games, it doesn't seem that unrealistic that we could play Donnelly behind Polworth, Campbell and O'Hara. 
I was surprised to see Ndjoli playing for the reserves on Monday afternoon as I thought he might have been an option for a starting place. Unless he only played the first half to improve his fitness, I can't see him starting tonight if he played near enough a full game on Monday.

41 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Friday is not what I'd call midweek. I'm in Amsterdam that weekend to see the Happy Mondays at The Paradise and the chances of persuading my mates to find a pub showing the game is zero. A jambo and an East Fife/Groningen fan.

Edit: to be fair, I'm pretty sure I will have better things to do.

Never realised it was a friday tbf, just a 7.45 kick off and put two and two together, Friday is definitely not midweek however still does require some time off to make the kick off for your fans. 

25 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I was surprised to see Ndjoli playing for the reserves on Monday afternoon as I thought he might have been an option for a starting place. Unless he only played the first half to improve his fitness, I can't see him starting tonight if he played near enough a full game on Monday.

By all accounts Ndjoli wasn't really getting a game while he was at Gillingham on loan which is part of the reason he ended up back at Bournemouth. 

"I totally understand and respect that Mikael and AFC Bournemouth want the lad to get more minutes on the pitch, but in fairness to the lads here they have been winning and playing exceptionally well."

In that sense it's not a huge surprise if we're not pitching him straight into the first team if he'd been an unused sub in Gillingham's eight league games before they patched the loan - he'll be off it in terms of match fitness.

Also, I'd have thought Robinson would be looking at him as having to to "earn the right" to get into the side as well so a couple of run outs in the Reserves would fit in with that as well as getting him into how the first team sets up as they run the same shape/system.