Aberdeen vs Motherwell - 22nd January

That’ll be us setting up with a diamond then. Hopefully Campbell, O’Hara and Donnelly can do enough to combat a strong looking Aberdeen midfield and let Polworth do his thing.

Not got a great feeling about tonight but do think it’ll be fairly tight. 1-0 with Considine getting the goal.

23 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’d wager we are going with a diamond looking at the starting line up.

Pretty much. I heard McInnes' chat at his press conference on Sportsound on my way in to 7s last night and he sounded like he was just assuming that we'd be 433 when he was talking about our wingers and that so it's not a massive surprise to see us change it up a bit.

Tbh, I thought we'd maybe have gone 352 like we did at Ibrox but fair fucks to @crazylegsjoe_mfc for calling the diamond in his post the other day.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, TommyDickFingers said:

People tend to forget what he did for the club, much like McLeish to a lesser extent.

1647223081_getthattaefuck.jpg.b45ffaa5d9fc74621cacc38bc099c4bb.jpg

Is there any legendary players who turned into great managers for the same club?

We had John Connolly, arguably one of the greatest players the club has had, yet his management stint was probably worst of any Saints manager this millennium. 

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

Was it Taylor who knocked George Newall out cold with his elbow?

I think it was the Icelandic boy they had but two bonus points for remembering George Newell was a thing. 

Fucking hell. 

As for tonight, 3-1 to the Dons. 

Rubbish from Logan at the goal, but a performance completely devoid of any creativity or composure. Gallagher is absolute garbage and should be sent back to Atlanta at half-time, nevermind substituted. 

Edited by DrewDon

48 minutes ago, resk said:

The ongoing confusion over whether the Motherwell and Aberdeen home kits are a clash continues - the Steelmen have turned out in all-white tonight.

Motherwell play in white under the lights