Aberdeen vs Motherwell - 22nd January

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Also apparently some of our performances prior to the Dundee game were very good, according to the man himself.

1274265840_Screenshot2020-01-22at13_46_16.png.a2be8a53c4953cfe10f9c63e251ea420.png

I don't know about that one, chief.

Staying in the league that season was probably a bigger achievement than it's currently seen as - that type of a run is usually only seen by sides that end up relegated by March...

That 7-2 win was the night I finally let go of the past and purged the demons of the McGhee era. I can now find it all very funny, because we had the last laugh, pumped seven past his side, and he got huckled out the dug-out and asked a polis if someone was allowed to call him a clown, before swiping a mobile phone out of a guy’s hand. A better meltdown you will not see.

Edit to add - nil nil tonight stick on

Just now, RussellAnderson said:

That 7-2 win was the night I finally let go of the past and purged the demons of the McGhee era. I can now find it all very funny, because we had the last laugh, pumped seven past his side, and he got huckled out the dug-out and asked a polis if someone was allowed to call him a clown, before swiping a mobile phone out of a guy’s hand. A better meltdown you will not see.

I found the whole thing very funny right up until we didn't sack him. 

When we were getting leathered 5-1 at half time off Dundee a week later I mind thinking it wouldn't be a bad thing to concede another couple to make sure that's him gone. 

It was only 3 points......

Guest Bob Mahelp

Given how we struggled to break down Dumbarton, it's hard to see where the invention is going to come from to create chances against a well drilled Motherwell defence. 

Ach, we'll huff and puff for the first 20 minutes and do plenty of passing the ball from wing to wing, but unless McGinn gets lots of the ball we'll create almost shit all.

Saying that, Aberdeen - Motherwell is generally the most unpredictable game in Scottish football, so if it ends up 5-4 or something why should we be surprised. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Given how we struggled to break down Dumbarton, it's hard to see where the invention is going to come from to create chances against a well drilled Motherwell defence. 

Ach, we'll huff and puff for the first 20 minutes and do plenty of passing the ball from wing to wing, but unless McGinn gets lots of the ball we'll create almost shit all.

Saying that, Aberdeen - Motherwell is generally the most unpredictable game in Scottish football, so if it ends up 5-4 or something why should we be surprised. 

We missed plenty chance son Saturday.

Not sure where this 'struggled to break them down' narrative is coming from?

Motherwell have conceded more goals than us this season and our defence hasn't been great so not sure how well drilled they must be.

Hard to tell how this will go. You normally give us at least one scudding a season. Not normally at Pittodrie to be fair.

Hopefully see Ojo, McGeouch and Ferguson all start tonight. With the latter playing with much more freedom than usual. Maybe that'll change things...
If it doesn't, us scoring will just be a case of whether or not McGinn or Cosgrove shows up as it has been most season.
Really hoping to see Hedges increase his influence in the team.

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Always feel like Ryan Bowman's first ever Motherwell goal was overshadowed somewhat by the 7-2 scoreline.

6 - 2 had an air of respectability about it given how the game went then Peter Pawlet picked a peck of pickled peppers or some pish

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

We missed plenty chance son Saturday.

Not sure where this 'struggled to break them down' narrative is coming from?

We missed quite a few half chances....mostly headers from 10 yards. 

I can't remember one serious save that their keeper had to make. I just never had the impression that we knew how to break them down. 

IMHO of course. 

34 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

This thread has taken a turn from who has least confidence in their team to who hates McGhee more.

I like that. A lot.

People tend to forget what he did for the club, much like McLeish to a lesser extent.

1647223081_getthattaefuck.jpg.b45ffaa5d9fc74621cacc38bc099c4bb.jpg

3 - 1 the Dons , Mains farewell hat trick before moving to Perth.

14 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

People tend to forget what he did for the club, much like McLeish to a lesser extent.

1647223081_getthattaefuck.jpg.b45ffaa5d9fc74621cacc38bc099c4bb.jpg

3 - 1 the Dons , Mains farewell hat trick before moving to Perth.

I would never criticise his time as a player.

As a manager or as a person in general......

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We have zero points against the top teams this season, don’t worry it should not be a problem.