Arbroath vs Thistle - The Dick derby

4 minutes ago, gone fishing said:

Not at all smokerson what I said was no way would be wighton here next season also said he took his goal well . Also this total dick mexico is he really an Arbroath fan anyway going out for a celebratory pint with my mates something he has 

Its official! Wighton wont be here next season! And Also, Lord Lucan wont be selling halftime draw tickets either.

2 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

We’ve had some great loans at Gayfield over the years. Lee Erwin maybe the standout. The guys who’ve done well for us are always appreciated and I hope Wighton goes on to greater things as a Lichtie favourite.

Agreed! Remember "Coco" about 15 years,scored 3 on his debut...from Falkirk i think,hope he doesnt make a return for them on Tuesday.Anyone remember his proper name ? And the year?

McDonald. I’d have to look up the year.

Fwiw can't see Wighton banging them in but you can tell he's a very clever player. Him and LD had some really good bits of play together.

Him and Hilson should see us create more chances.

Hilson got a bit excited in the first half after a good pass for a good Wighton run, Wighton flicked it through his own legs for Hilson to run on to perfectly but he skewed his shot wide.

Think Hilson could've had a touch there too, would've been a lovely goal.

Agreed! Remember "Coco" about 15 years,scored 3 on his debut...from Falkirk i think,hope he doesnt make a return for them on Tuesday.Anyone remember his proper name ? And the year?

Was aged 9 so can’t remember much about the game but all I remember was this guy with a ponytail scoring a hat trick on his debut which I believe was against Clydebank?. This and the 7-2 win Vs East Stirling at home are two games that stand out when I was a young boy.

Absolutely superb performance today, McKenna was Motm for me, was immense and probably just about covered every blade of grass, Wighton & Hilson had fantastic Gayfield debuts too and gave us plenty to be excited about going forward, both are total ballers, great attacking lineup, superb options on the bench today too, thoroughly deserved victory, could easily have been 3 or 4 up at half time. Gonna to be a real great end to the season and us Lichties should be really excited for it. 🇱🇻⚽🙌

A much needed, and well deserved, 3 points today against a poor Partick team. We adapted to the conditions and Partick didn't. The Partick team we played here at the start of the season were a much better side. Thought we might have tried Chalmers and Wighton wide for their pace and Hilson in the middle up front.

Wighton had a good game and scored a good goal in a crowded box. Hilson seemed a little lost out wide in the first half ( he's no Bobby Linn) but improved as the game went on and Donnelly had his best game for us but....and for me there's always a but regarding Donnelly, he did some good work but his final pass tended to end up to a Thistle player. Still, as said, probably his best game so far.

The midfield worked their socks off and agree that McKenna was MOM. Would have been nice to have kept a clean sheet but Gaston, well we all saw what happened. Thankfully we had 2 goals in the bag and full time was just seconds away. 

Not too bothered about the Falkirk replay. It would be nice to win and make some money v Hearts in the next round but really the league has got to be our main focus. 

A much needed, and well deserved, 3 points today against a poor Partick team. We adapted to the conditions and Partick didn't. The Partick team we played here at the start of the season were a much better side. Thought we might have tried Chalmers and Wighton wide for their pace and Hilson in the middle up front.
Wighton had a good game and scored a good goal in a crowded box. Hilson seemed a little lost out wide in the first half ( he's no Bobby Linn) but improved as the game went on and Donnelly had his best game for us but....and for me there's always a but regarding Donnelly, he did some good work but his final pass tended to end up to a Thistle player. Still, as said, probably his best game so far.
The midfield worked their socks off and agree that McKenna was MOM. Would have been nice to have kept a clean sheet but Gaston, well we all saw what happened. Thankfully we had 2 goals in the bag and full time was just seconds away. 
Not too bothered about the Falkirk replay. It would be nice to win and make some money v Hearts in the next round but really the league has got to be our main focus. 

Always a but regarding Donnelly...but only if you look for it. One of the last things I’d criticise LD for would be giving the ball away. IMO he hardly wastes a ball, and when he does you can see what he was trying to do. Somehow still gets barracked by supporters though 🤷‍♂️

Think LD has had many better games than his game yesterday and I still think he had a solid game yesterday and played well. Big mans a clever player and always tries clever things it's refreshing to me, not always just playing the safe pass like so many do.

Normally we have the ball, we try and get it to Bobby, with him not playing we used both wings more evenly yesterday

Agree. But that's not his fault, Bobby has been carrying us so often it's probably refreshing for him seeing that yesterday. I'd love to see him in the team now alongside Wighton and Hilson