Arbroath vs Thistle - The Dick derby

Great performance from Arbroath. got the 2 goal lead with the wind in the first half which could've been more and kept Thistle at bay pretty comfortably in the 2nd half against the breeze. Gaston gifting Thistle a goal at the end but done really well otherwise and I prefer him to Jamieson.

As for Thistle is their keeper thick or what, at his kick outs in the first half kept booting it with the wind out of the park.... and they need Kenny Miller back.

Edited by keptie

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Glad to hear Wighton had a good debut. Starting to think that'll be another on the long list of decisions we will regret.

Have to say Ross, can't say I agree with that. Even if Wighton is to have an absolute stormer of a season for Arbroath, Hearts basically said we could pay more because we are a bigger club. If we agreed to that that'd lead to a reputation and a precedent being set.

I hope Wighton tears it to pieces, because I can easily see McPake still being in charge in the summer and still wanting to sign Wighton.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Have to say Ross, can't say I agree with that. Even if Wighton is to have an absolute stormer of a season for Arbroath, Hearts basically said we could pay more because we are a bigger club. If we agreed to that that'd lead to a reputation and a precedent being set.

I hope Wighton tears it to pieces, because I can easily see McPake still being in charge in the summer and still wanting to sign Wighton.

I agree, Hearts' terms for us were ridiculous. I mean not haggling to get a reasonable deal worked out, which I feel would've been possible.

Still, not about us, congrats to Wighton for his positive start for the Lichties.