Kerrdiola's Black & White Army vs The Teuchter Long Ball Bastards

7 hours ago, Hursty said:

Today's absolute stroll of a 1-0 going on 5-1 led me to root out the old cup final programme recalling the 5-1 win back in 2001,  and for interest the Ayr squad for the final - only one of the squad that I dont remember at all is Craig Stevenson. 

Craig Stevenson was a defender who came through the youth system. I think he played in a league against Partick, not sure if that was his only appearance.

10 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Drinan looks a big unit in our highlights. Didn’t look so big last week in the bbc highlights

I don't think he'll ever be a prolific goalscorer however he's worth his weight in gold in other ways such as his holding the ball up, knock downs, chasing and hassling the opposition defence and generally creating havoc and space for our other forwards.

Yesterday as an example, he must have setup at least three or four strikes on goal with his knock downs to Forrest, Moff and Doc, he certainly gives us a different dimension and let's us play in a more traditional and compact manner.

All that said, I wouldn't be averse to reverting back to our McCowan, Moff, Forrest formation for the away match at Alloa as so far they've failed terribly in containing us and of course the pitch actually suits our quick passing style.

Anyway, great stuff from the super Ayr and lots of options now going forward............

10 minutes ago, mikedafc said:

Looking at the highlights I don't see anything that the Inverness player did for their goal to be chopped off, keeper made an error and the referee has got him out of jail.

Really silly goal to give away by Inverness

Elbow across the face. Did any ICT players complain. Says it all I think

Yeah, I think the goal was correctly ruled out. Keepers are overly protected but the boy’s arm definitely impeded Doohan in this instance.
I do think ICT’s penalty shout could have been given going by the highlights. Looked like Houston did give the boy a bit of a shove in the back. He might have gone down a bit easy but it falls into the seen them given category for me. About time we got a wee bit of luck against the highland teams though!

Definite arm across the face for their disallowed goal - just very surprised Aitken gave it. Thought it was a penalty too but the same player (Doran?) was rightly booked for diving later on so he's probably the kind that goes down rather than make the most of a decent chance.  So Aitken got that  right as well (and I can't believe I've just typed that after his abject stupidity at Tannadice). 

Nice to get a win against hammer-throwers for once and I do like the look of Aaron Drinan - he's maybe not a natural goal scorer but he is young and has time to develop that. His workrate is very impressive and a great example to others - he's also Kerr's first signing so the manager must take some credit for getting exactly the kind of player we've been needing. His physical presence against the aforementioned caber tossers is without doubt a massive plus. He's been a favourite of mine in the past but I think we're not missing an unfit Andy Geggan of late - hope he gets back fit soon though.

Thistle on Friday will be different altogether - they need the win and McCall is sure to have them wound up for it. If we can get the same level of performance as in the last two games then we'll be fine but I'd take a point whatever.

Come on you, Ayr - let's keep this wee run in winter going. The heavier grounds have cost us in recent seasons so this has been a real eye opener.     

Just watched the match highlights 

Ayr defender well and created the best chances

will McCall come in late for any off Ayr defenders having lost out on McCart from Caley ?

Think they’re signing Brownlie this week and were linked with Lewis Mayo at Rangers.

Can’t see being interested with any of our centre backs.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think they’re signing Brownlie this week and we’re linked with Lewis Mayo at Rangers.

Can’t see being interested with any of our centre backs.

That's not an experienced player

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Rules out the Ipswich CB then although I think he’s off to a Dundee club anyway.

Decent tunes yesterday btw.

Possibly, just joined up two parts of his interview and I expect two experienced players incoming. 

Cheers, a bold new world with no Gallagher to be heard.  No doing it for a few weeks so I cannot promise it will remain that way :lol:

From watching those highlights it's clear to see ICT were denied at least two goals  Saturday. If Ayr really are "The Honest Men" they will forfeit the 3 points to ICT. Pretty please.

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

From watching those highlights it's clear to see ICT were denied at least two goals  Saturday. If Ayr really are "The Honest Men" they will forfeit the 3 points to ICT. Pretty please.

Done, and I'll add a +3 to your goal difference as well

Merry Christmas

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

This is 2020 m77 we don't concede goals, we will never concede again.  

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Done, and I'll add a +3 to your goal difference as well

Merry Christmas

^^^ A good lad.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

This is 2020 m77 we don't concede goals, we will never concede again.  

^^^ A bad lad.

Edited by RiG

Awww dear

Caley’s Kevin McHattie said: “It was a disappointing day all round. The pitch wasn’t the greatest and didn’t suit the way we wanted to play.

“But you’ve got to play the conditions and we didn’t do that. Fair play to Ayr, they got their goal then sat in and made it difficult for us.”

13 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Awww dear

Caley’s Kevin McHattie said: “It was a disappointing day all round. The pitch wasn’t the greatest and didn’t suit the way we wanted to play.

“But you’ve got to play the conditions and we didn’t do that. Fair play to Ayr, they got their goal then sat in and made it difficult for us.”

.......and when I got home it was quite late and my mum had kept my dinner in the oven but it was all kind of dried out, she said it was a lovely dinner when they ate it, but mines was all hard and dried out.

Then when I went to my bed, my mum had washed my bedsheets but had forgotten to put new ones one, fair play to her, but she was all tucked into her bed but I had to put on a new set of bedding onto my bed before I could go to bed and I was all tired and that”

Daily Record (Monday 27th January 2020)