Kerrdiola's Black & White Army vs The Teuchter Long Ball Bastards

Kerr has found an excellent balance between us being far more streetwise and solid whilst retaining the silky football. We don’t overplay anymore and although Moffat isn’t a wide player he was brilliant today both going forward and helping to nullify Rooney.

Scoring hunners of goals is great but there’s nothing more satisfying than a 1-0 win where everyone has ran themselves into the ground. Brilliant stuff today.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I thought that was an excellent performance today and every player played their part, ok it wasn't all silky free flowing football but it was 90 minutes of hard endeavour with the team having a good shape and each individual knowing their jobs and doing those jobs to the letter.

In some respects it's actually one of the most satisfying performances I've seen from an Ayr team in years.

It was a proper game of football today and Inverness played their part as you would expect and on another day their goal may have been given and they may also have won a penalty, however that aside I still thought that Ayr thoroughly deserved the three points today, given the chances that we created, missed and that were wonderfully defended by Inverness.

All in all an excellent victory and also an excellent three points and this coupled with last week should now confirm that Kerr is indeed tactically aware, the players are playing their hearts out for him and the future should hopefully be pretty bright for us.................

Well said , I still can’t believe the lack of acknowledgement Kerr gets from a good number of fans on SRE , glad we went with him , a new manager wanting to prove  himself and introduce a different style of play when needed 

I thought that was an excellent performance today and every player played their part, ok it wasn't all silky free flowing football but it was 90 minutes of hard endeavour with the team having a good shape and each individual knowing their jobs and doing those jobs to the letter.
In some respects it's actually one of the most satisfying performances I've seen from an Ayr team in years.
It was a proper game of football today and Inverness played their part as you would expect and on another day their goal may have been given and they may also have won a penalty, however that aside I still thought that Ayr thoroughly deserved the three points today, given the chances that we created, missed and that were wonderfully defended by Inverness.
All in all an excellent victory and also an excellent three points and this coupled with last week should now confirm that Kerr is indeed tactically aware, the players are playing their hearts out for him and the future should hopefully be pretty bright for us.................

Penalty? What penalty? Are you talking about the blatant dive?

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Penalty? What penalty? Are you talking about the blatant dive?

Yes, I thought it was a blatant dive also, however that doesn't mean that the cretinous refs at our level don't give them, as we know from bitter experience............

Yes, I thought it was a blatant dive also, however that doesn't mean that the cretinous refs at our level don't give them, as we know from bitter experience............

But it wasn’t even a very good dive. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ICT fans at the other end of the ground also realised it was a dive!

But it wasn’t even a very good dive. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ICT fans at the other end of the ground also realised it was a dive!
Standing on the "South Terrace" you could tell it was a dive.

Quite pleased with Drinan, looks to have been an excellent piece of business. Puts himself about well and causes absolute carnage whilst managing to retain the ball. Just needs to tidy up his finishing and he'll go far.

Great atmosphere today, fans were really the 11th man. I think having our fans in the railway end helped in the second half. Almost pulling the ball into the net.

For the superstitious amongst us, when we were shooting the wrong way I thought it was all going to end badly. However, it was a pretty complete performance, we created many chances and defended resolutely.

Would agree that Drinan is a handful, he has a bit of everything he can head it, hold it up, play a tidy pass and has some pace. He chases everything too which is good. Only drawback is his finishing thus far but his other play makes up for it.

Edited by Trogdor

Just saw the post match interviews on AU Media and huge credit to John Robertson for his words about our performance, he says it as it is, gives credit when it's due and overall it's refreshing to see. Especially when you consider some managers don't even make themselves available for interview. 

Kerr continues to impress with how he explains his thoughts on the game or when asked about individual player performances. Extremely encouraging with Gillespie not even involved as well. 

Another huge game coming up next week. 

11 hours ago, RiG said:

Ayr have to beat us sometime and what better time to do it than Burns Night...

Called it.

I think whilst we were on the end of some pretty debatable calls from the referee, Ayr were the better team throughout the 90 minutes and deserved the win. Kerr seemed to set Ayr up a bit more defensively than previous match ups and they let us carry the ball forward with little pressure but we were swarmed as we entered the Ayr half and forced to thread balls through a well organised Ayr midfield and defence (which we couldn't do) or try and dink a ball up to White and later Todorov (which we also couldn't do).

When Ayr seized the ball they broke with real pace and direction quickly feeding the ball wide to Forrest or Moffat on the flanks or looking to play a pass in behind the ICT centre backs and a lot of their good chances game from this. Only a triple block / save combination from McHattie and Ridgers stopped Ayr opening the scoring in the first half which saw wave after wave of attacks threaten the ICT rearguard. Fortunately we held them off and had the ball in the net when Keatings lifted a free kick in for White who beat Doohan to the ball and flicked it in but the referee gave a free kick for a foul by White. Seemed pretty soft but it would have been hard on Ayr had we gone ahead (though thoroughly pleasing obviously).

Second half and there seemed to be a strong claim for a penalty when Doran broke into the box (some folk said he might have been outside but from my viewpoint I thought he was in the box?) and looked like he was pushed in the back sending him to the ground but the referee waved play on. Not long after this Ayr scored. I didn't see what happened but after I had stopped admiring my new trainers I looked up to see Trafford on his arse and Kelly seizing on a loose ball, heading for goal before calmly slotting past Ridgers. No more than Ayr deserved in fairness but frustrating nonetheless from an ICT point of view.

Ayr had more chances after this to extend their lead before Doran went down under another challenge however this time he got straight back up to chase the ball before Aitken blew for a foul and cautioned Doran for diving which seemed a bit odd given he didn't seem to be looking for anything. We went with 2 strikers for the final few minutes with Todorov coming on to partner White but we didn't really create anything of note until the final kick of the game when Ayr threw bodies to block a couple of ICT efforts from close range  (these might even have been our only shots on target...).

Bizarre to see us end the game with a couple of big lads up front and our two best crossers of the ball on the wings yet we persevered with little dinked balls up towards White and Todorov which almost never found them. Any ICT fan not bothered about losing Donaldson AND McCart should be worried after today's defensive showing. Whilst McHattie was solid enough Mckay with the ball at his feet was an absolute bombscare. Vincent was decent for us, possibly closest to ICT MotM. Kerr and Moffat looked good for Ayr and Drinan really gave Mckay and McHattie a torrid time. Never seen a referee give a thumbs up to the home fans before :lol: 

We have a real battle on to maintain second spot which could be huge come the end of the season...

Edited by RiG

Great atmosphere today, fans were really the 11th man. I think having our fans in the railway end helped in the second half. Almost pulling the ball into the net.
For the superstitious amongst us, when we were shooting the wrong way I thought it was all going to end badly. However, it was a pretty complete performance, we created many chances and defended resolutely.
Would agree that Drinan is a handful, he has a bit of everything he can head it, hold it up, play a tidy pass and has some pace. He chases everything too which is good. Only drawback is his finishing thus far but his other play makes up for it.

Jesus only 11th man! Who got sent off?

We. Really should have been comfortable at half time but credit to inverness some great defending at times. Really thought there wasn’t much in the goal they scored but the ref indicated coming off to Robertson that he was leading with his elbow, I think we got out of jail there but would have been well against the run of play.

Massive credit to Robertson a REAL,Sportsman shook every Ayr players hand after the game and gave Kerr a big cuddle showed real class.

Young Kelly was magnificent and we are really lucky to have him, think he’ll be out to someone in the premier league next year hopefully with us. The whole team dug in today lots of mistakes but showing they really are behind Kerr which is great to see this early in his career. A couple of more in and we will have had a good January, canny wait to stick it too McCall next week.

Just arrived home and have to agree with all the comments on here (no-one really arguing much).

I'd just add that Kelly was outstanding.

I thought we got a bit lucky with the disallowed goal - but keepers are big shitebags these days so they get given.

And I loved the atmosphere in the south terrace in the second half - my first ever time being there. Seemed to help the team, who gave everything they had today.

And a nice wee touch with 'a man's a man' at HT. More of that please.